What's new

How to clear history automatically? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to set my browser to automatically clear the address history upon exit. In the Tools>Internet Options>General tab I have "Days to keep pages in history" set to 0, yet I still see all of my recent websites listed in the drop-down address bar -- even days later (and after exiting the broswer several times). When I manually hit "Clear History" the listings do go away.

Is this a glitch in my system or is there another setting to change?

Thanks

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
TweakUI will let you clear the browser history on exit. You can get the Windows XP version from here. There are also versions for older versions of Windows as well. You should be able to find them pretty easily using Google.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I installed Tweak UI (for XP) but don't see any option to clear history upon exit as you describe. Do you know where it is?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Here's what I was talking about.
In the left hand TreeView, select "Explorer". Then in the "Settings" ListBox, there should be an option called "Clear document history on exit."

The description says it "controls whether Explorer will clear the recent documents history, run dialog history, and typed-URL history when you log off."

If that doesn't work, there is another windows tweaking program called X-Teq X-Setup that might have the option you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks