What's new

How to clean rptv screen? (1 Viewer)

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I have a WS-65907 and I am wondering how to clean the outside of the protective screen. What do you use Cleaner, water, distilled water? what type of cloth?

Miles M

Agent
As long as you have a protective shield, it isn't so critical. But I like to use some antistatic spray(Radio Shack sells some in a pump bottle) with any soft, lint free rag. This not only cleans my screen, but helps keep dust from accumulating.

But really, water/window cleaner/etc. shouldn't hurt a protective shield. Now, if you have no protective shield, then you have to be much more careful.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
A slightly damp soft cloth is all you need..Never use window cleaning products, especially the one with amonia in them...

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
The manual for any RPTV should give recommendations for cleaning the screen.

At least, mine does.

In fact, checking my manual just now, it says not to use anti static sprays. Don't know why though!

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Christian, I would venture to guess because of the possible chemicals in the spray. It doesn't seem reasonable-wouldn't they test the screen to see if you could spray it with a static spray? Or at least recommend a safe brand?

As for cleaning, a good cloth and soap will do the trick nicely.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks