What's new

how to clean dvd player? (sorry, i know this has been beaten around quite a bit) (1 Viewer)

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
i've had my yamaha DV-S5350 for a year and a half now. its skipping in random places on perfectly clean dvds. i can go back through the scene and it will play back fine. a month ago this would only happen once or twice during a movie, but recently its been happening very frequently. for the better part of the year i had it, it was just sitting on top of my vcr (i just got a cabinet for my gear about 5 or 6 months ago). i tried the disc cleaner w/ the little bristles on it, but that only helps for about 2 movies, then the problem starts back up again. so, i was just wondering if there was any special way to clean the player, because i think it is just dirty from being exposed in a dusty environment. do i just open it up and clean anything that looks dirty, or are there things that i should avoid touching :P ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks