What's new

How to change default text size in Explorer? (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
ARGHHH!!! this is driving me crazy! I think I figured it out that it's everytime a new explorer window is opened, it resets to the smaller text size!! i like my text a little bigger - it's just more comfortable to read while surfing the Home Theater Forum. How do you change the default?

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
Good question! I have been wondering this myself, except I need to go the other direction. I have my 'Text Size' in the 'View' menu set at 'Smaller', but when I open a new window or even after letting it sit awhile it reverts back to 'Medium'. I want it to stay at the smaller setting as I am running a 19-inch moniter and medium is too large.

Win ME

IE 6.0.2

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
hmm with my ver 6 in XP when I go to view and select a larger text size it seems to stick when I open a new session of IE...don't know about rebooting etc but it seems to work for me

(ver 6.0.2600)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Also gives me a problem when I clear my history, I just noticed. I'm using Winme with the brand new IE6.x

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks