1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Calibrate (older) CRT 42" Toshiba HDTV?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chuck C, May 21, 2005.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I am about to calibate a friend's 42" Toshiba CRT rear-projection widescreen HDTV with AVIA. I think it's 1-2 years old (sorry I do not have the serial number). Does anyone have a link to some info or any tips/how-to guidance for calibrating this TV?

Also, has there been an update to the AVIA home theater DVD? (It's been a while since I've done any of this stuff!)

Last question...could one just buy an HDTV antenna and receive OTA HDTV? I saw one at radio shack for $50 (Terk brand)...it connects via RF...I thought these things had to connect with a DVI or HDCP or HDMI (I don't even know anymore!)

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Follow the instructions on the disc, pretty much. I'll see if i can remember to make my way back to this thread, there are some really long guides Guy has written up that may be helpful.

3. Craig

Craig Second Unit

You'll need a HD receiver to get OTA HD, you can't just connect an antenna directly to the TV for HDTV reception.

4. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ttt

thanks for the replies