What's new

How to bulk up? The healthy and normal way? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
If you lift weights making sure to vary exercises per week, vary rep amounts (less reps for low stimulus muscles-the big muscles- and more reps for the high stimulus 'tone' muscles), and take in about 50g of protein and 3,000+ calories from complex carbo, grains, etc sources, then you should gain 7 lbs. of muscle a year.

It's a very gradual process and can take the normal non-genetic freak 10-15 years to accomplish hugeness.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Back in the mid-ninties, FLEX Magazine ran a series of articles called H.U.G.E. It's focus was entirely on the subject of this thread; getting HUGE fast and without drugs. Many professional body builders wrote articles for the series, including 5 time Mr. Olympia winner, Dorian Yates.

The gist of the series:

- Circuit train for the first few months (this allows the body to adapt to the stress and as mentioned earlier, gives your tendons time to adapt to the stress loads).

- Start with heavy, compound excersices. Basic movements (squats, bench presses, etc) with heavy weights, three sets of 6-10 reps).

- Cardio is not an activity you want to participate in heavliy if you're focused on gaining mass.

I recommend that you check out those "muscle-head" magazines and websites for more information. True, professional body builders have the stereotype of being drug users, but not all are and they still have incredible mass.

Big Lou (Incredible Hulk TV series) was 6'5" and 300lbs plus. I'm 6'5" and 230lbs. If he can do it, so can I. Your body type is the same as mine; hard to gain mass. But not impossible.

Read everything you can. Be intense, consistent, and dedicated. The day on day off cylces are sound, and your time investment is not that much. One hour a day is all you need so long as your INTENSE, FOCUSSED, and DEDICATED.

It's amazing how we can make time for the two hour movies but fitness falls off the table.

Stay with it. If you can make the time, pretty soon you'll notice that you look forward to your workouts and they become such an integrated part of your life, that you'll wonder why you didn't start sooner. I know I did.

Good luck. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks