What's new

How to automatically turn ambient light on? (1 Viewer)

SASmith

Auditioning
I've got 2 10w lights mounted to the back of my LCD to provide ambient light behind the tv. My question is, how can I get the lights to turn on via remote control? I'd like to setup a macro on my remote to get them to turn on with the rest of the system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Try this.
http://www.lutron.com/spacer/compone...0&t=17200#lamp.Scroll down for one of those lamp dimmers. It can be remote controlled via any universal remote. Available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Or...I'm not sure about this but can u check the manual on the 674 if u can actually have the ac outlets on the back to be switched on or off thru the set-up? Because I do know the one I put up at a friend's, I plugged in the stereo receiver for the bass shakers. I had to put it on the surge protector to keep it on all the time due to its volume level resetting to lowest everytime its turned off....which the receiver was doing.

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
Even easier...plug the lights into the rear of your AV receiver. Surely it must have a switched outlet on the back...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks