What's new

How to attach fabric to drywall? (1 Viewer)

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

Just a quick question. Before I receive my acoustically transparent fabric from Guilford of Maine (FR 701® - 2100), I was wondering how I would attach it to my painted drywall. Can I just staple it or do I need to use adhesive too?

TIA.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
I was planning to do the same thing... Yes I was thinking stretching, staples, and glue and additionally some wood moldings to frame it in and give it depth.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, looking at the "Deadening the front wall" thread, it looks like it might be easier to put up some furring strips and attach the fabric to those.

ace peterson

Second Unit
DOn't know how your fabric compares to indoor/outdoor carpet. But, I put on a nice even layer of carpet adhesive that I picked up at the homeimprovement store. Spread it around the walls at 8 feet at a time, let it get tacky and put up carpet. No nails, staples, or brads required.

Ace

sridhar

Auditioning
JayPo,

Are you using any accoustic absorbers/diffusers between the drywall and the (accoustically transparent) fabric?

Sri

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
sridhar,

If I have to go the furring strip route, then I would probably throw some kind of sound absobant material in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks