1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How to angle my surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Nathan Bjork, May 21, 2004.

1. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

I have my question at my website along with pictures (im not aloud to "hot link" pictures, sorry [​IMG] )

2. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

Nathan,

Thats a nice setup, especially after you add the SVS sub. That setup is good enough when you get your own place you probably would only need to upgrade the receiver for a little more power.

I've tried my surrounds a couple of different ways and the way I prefer is to have them firing directly across the room towards each other. My M22s are only about 18" above ear level and a foot behind me. This just makes the rear soundfield sound more diffuse for ambient sounds but still allows great directionallity for pans.

When I had my M22s toed in towards my listening position some soundtracks would really overpower me and also feel like there were holes in the soundfield.

3. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

Official HTF answer follows:

Try both ways and see which one sounds better to you in your room.

4. Nathan Bjork

Thanks Jason and Micheal, I will just play around with the two differnt settings.

5. Nathan Bjork

I tryed the two out and I like the surrounds when they are laid flat, they no longer reflect off of the oppsite wall.

But I have a new question, I can put N24II's (like my SB) for my surrounds and mount them a little lower but more in front of me. I just have to trade my mom for her N24 and replace my 26's. I drew out a new sketch to explain it a little better here

Thanks agian