How to angle my surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nathan Bjork, May 21, 2004.

1. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

I have my question at my website along with pictures (im not aloud to "hot link" pictures, sorry [​IMG] )

2. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

Nathan,

Thats a nice setup, especially after you add the SVS sub. That setup is good enough when you get your own place you probably would only need to upgrade the receiver for a little more power.

I've tried my surrounds a couple of different ways and the way I prefer is to have them firing directly across the room towards each other. My M22s are only about 18" above ear level and a foot behind me. This just makes the rear soundfield sound more diffuse for ambient sounds but still allows great directionallity for pans.

When I had my M22s toed in towards my listening position some soundtracks would really overpower me and also feel like there were holes in the soundfield.

3. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

Official HTF answer follows:

Try both ways and see which one sounds better to you in your room.

4. Nathan Bjork

Thanks Jason and Micheal, I will just play around with the two differnt settings.

5. Nathan Bjork

I tryed the two out and I like the surrounds when they are laid flat, they no longer reflect off of the oppsite wall.

But I have a new question, I can put N24II's (like my SB) for my surrounds and mount them a little lower but more in front of me. I just have to trade my mom for her N24 and replace my 26's. I drew out a new sketch to explain it a little better here

Thanks agian