What's new

How to adjust headlight beam-'96 Mitsu Galant (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Title basically says it all. My mom's Galant's driver side headlight is completely out of whack. It points almost down thereby making driving at night difficult. I'd like to adjust it to something more useful and was wondering how to do it?

Are there screws to adjust once you get the headlamp assembly loose?

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh well, something is jammed. The link that you posted doesn't have the pictures of what the screw would look like. I've found what should adjust the horizontal adjustment but I've played with it and it doesn't do anything. I also found a screw on the back of the headlamp unit but again, I've turned it both directions and it doesn't do anything. Perhaps the headlamp is fused or stuck somehow. It has a level indictor (simply bubble thing) and it does seem to indicate the headlamp is pointed down too much, but I can't get the screws to adjust anything. If I can confirm that I am working the right screw, then I can confirm that the headlamp is stuck and can take more drastic measures...

Jay

Jeffrey N

Grip
Try removing the headlight completely so you can get a good look in there. I had an old ford with a headlight that pointed up. No matter what I did to try to adjust it, it wouldnt move. I removed the headlight completely to find out that I had a broken mounting tab off the headlight bezel. A trip to the junkhard fixed the bezel.

Check it out a little further. You might have the same problem that I did.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks