How to ad more S-Video Ins on my TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher Chung, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sony Trinitron XBR thats about 5 or 6 years old. It only has one S-Video input and I would like to add more.
    Is there anything out there that will let me add three or four more S-Video inputs to my existing ONE input on my TV, while not degrading the picture quality?
    Any info much appreciated!
    Chris

2. Doug_F

Doug_F Auditioning

Chris,
    Before I bought my new set, I faced the same problem as you do. I ended up getting a Sony SB-V40S A/V switcher. It has 4 A/V Inputs (with S-video, composite, and audio) and 1 output (with the same configuration). I bought mine at Sears for around $55. I just looked and Crutchfield has them for $50. They also have a few other switchers that would suit your purpose.

3. Christopher Chung

Awsome Doug, I appreciate the reply! Do you notice any degradation in video, or none at all? I'm sure there is no distortion added. *talking to myself* [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

I've got the same unit, as long as you use decent wires you'll be fine. I also have a Recton SVS1000 and haven't noticed any degredation in performance. Remember you'll only be as good as you're cheapest wire, so use at least medium grade and you should be fine.
    ------------------
    Jeff Leeds
    jeff_leeds@hotmail.com

5. Kevin N

Kevin N Stunt Coordinator

6. Christopher Chung

Hey Sean,
    Yeah I remember talking to you on a few occasions but it wasn't about the Kenwood system. I have the Sony STR DE 945, with the JBL NSP1 set up (as you know already :laugh [​IMG]
    Anyways, my reciever has S-Video ins for the Video One, TV/Sat, and DVD. I have a lot of game systems and I don't want to clutter them all up on my reciever, just onto a A/V switcher. See ya around the forums Sean, and maybe even OC since you're pretty close huh? haha
    Thanks for all the posts!
    Chris