What's new

How to ad more S-Video Ins on my TV? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony Trinitron XBR thats about 5 or 6 years old. It only has one S-Video input and I would like to add more.
Is there anything out there that will let me add three or four more S-Video inputs to my existing ONE input on my TV, while not degrading the picture quality?
Any info much appreciated!
Chris

Doug_F

Auditioning
Chris,
Before I bought my new set, I faced the same problem as you do. I ended up getting a Sony SB-V40S A/V switcher. It has 4 A/V Inputs (with S-video, composite, and audio) and 1 output (with the same configuration). I bought mine at Sears for around $55. I just looked and Crutchfield has them for $50. They also have a few other switchers that would suit your purpose.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Awsome Doug, I appreciate the reply! Do you notice any degradation in video, or none at all? I'm sure there is no distortion added. *talking to myself*
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the same unit, as long as you use decent wires you'll be fine. I also have a Recton SVS1000 and haven't noticed any degredation in performance. Remember you'll only be as good as you're cheapest wire, so use at least medium grade and you should be fine.
------------------
Jeff Leeds
[email protected]

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Sean,
Yeah I remember talking to you on a few occasions but it wasn't about the Kenwood system. I have the Sony STR DE 945, with the JBL NSP1 set up (as you know already :laugh :)
Anyways, my reciever has S-Video ins for the Video One, TV/Sat, and DVD. I have a lot of game systems and I don't want to clutter them all up on my reciever, just onto a A/V switcher. See ya around the forums Sean, and maybe even OC since you're pretty close huh? haha
Thanks for all the posts!
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks