What's new

HOw The West Was Won Starts May 3 at Cinerama Dome in 3 Projector Format! (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

The 40th Anniversary showing will have a new print Please note, not to be a spoil sport, but the Dome screen is curved 126 degrees. Cinerama specs require 146 degrees. After seeing "This Is Cinerama" at the Dome it is apparent that this configuration "flattens" out the images somewhat. Can't be there but its a must see and hear!

[COLOR=royal blue]UPDATE; Although the link below works it is no longer accessible on the American Wide Screen Museum website. Also, Arclight Cinemas has no mention of this event. Perhaps it will officially appear this coming week at Arclight.[/color]

More info:

http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/htwww-dome_1.htm

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
ANd who made that poster. it's slighty blurred but on my monitor it looks like it says "the action files off the screen" instead of "flies."

Hmm. Interesting. Someone changed the poster.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Wow! 40th anniversary three-strip Cinerama at the Dome; 50th anniversary dual-strip Polaroid 3-D at the Egyptian in September. I think it's time to move back to California!

Bob

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
OUCH! 40th Anniversary of How The West Was Won?! This really makes me feel old as I saw it in Cinerama when it first came out in 1962 at the old Hollywood Warners Theater (it later became the Hollywood Pacific).

If the May showing is as good as the original, you'd be missing out on a real big treat if you don't go to see it!

Besides the visuals, is has one of the best Western soundtracks ever. Don't miss it!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Peter: Is that image in your sig from the pic RobertR took of you while you, Robert, Pamela, and I were at the Dome? JB

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It sure was. Never thought I'd have so much fun watching a non-restored print(s) with color timing so far off. But it was a genuine thrill. We live in a widescreen, SFX-inundated era, yet that roller-coaster ride in ultra-widescreen was a doozy!

Too bad Peter couldn't stick with us and hang at that small Italian restaurant in Hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks