What's new

How the heck do I use these Banana plug connectors? (1 Viewer)

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator

I bought these at Best Buy just now and a spool of this.

My receiver is a Denon 3803. I have no idea what to do now with the cable and this connector and the plugs did not come with any sort of instructions at all. Help please!

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Unscrew the back part of the posts. This will allow you to slide the UNSTRIPPED speaker wire into the holes near the front. Be sure to keep the polarity straight on both ends. Once you've done that, tighten the posts back down onto the wire. The points will pierce the insulation and make contact for you. Now the wires are terminated. Before putting the banana plug into the end of the binding posts, be sure to screw the binding post down all the way. Then insert in and you are done.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
First, check to make sure the dual-banana plugs fit the black/red spacing on the Denon. This spacing is NOT standardized.

Even if it fits, you may find that the dual plugs stick out too far behind your receiver. If so, go to Radio Shack and get some of the single-bananas (2xx-306) and have them show you how to wire them up.

The dual-bananas usually work great behind your speakers, and the single ones behind the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks