How stuffed are you?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Even after I had only one plate, plus some nibbles of mash potatoes and stuffing, and then a walk around the block for a good 15 minutes, I still managed to doze off while the Cowboys-Redskin game was on the TV this afternoon. I be feeling still a bit stuffed 6 hours after the big meal of the day!
    But, I did not have to loosen up my belt this time around. [​IMG]

2. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I was stuffed after a plate and a half heaped with food, but after only a few minutes I was ready for a huge piece of pumpkin cheesecake and another huge piece of this chocolate pudding-ish pie. I think I'll skip breakfast...

Nah!

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I'm pretty stuffed, two of us ate one breast from a 12 pound bird, well ok mostly I ate it, but still.
    then I had a HEAP of mashed potatoes and some stuffing, then I dozed off on the couch for a half hour, then I went to bed for about an hour or two [​IMG]
    I've been nibbling on turkey the rest of the night, it's tasty [​IMG]

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I am SO stuffed. My parents made two 12-lb turkeys (1 fried, 1 smoked) and 1 pot roast for 9 people. This along with sweet potatoes, green bean casarole, and smoked stuffing... not to mention pumpkin merange pie [​IMG]
    Football the entire afternoon, turkey, no school, anime... life is good [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Not at all. The bad news is I worked today so I didn't get to visit my family for Thanksgiving. The good news is I made triple time for working on a day that wasn't very busy. I'm a vendor and my only stop for today was Meijer. They had the best sale ever going on, so after I got finished working I went shopping. I got 50% off a gold herringbone necklace for my girlfriend's birthday, 50% off a silver herringbone for myself, 50% off a pair of boots for me, 50% off a pair of boots for my brother's birthday, 50% off two pairs of pants for me, and 20% off an X Box game (Hitman II) for me. That adds up to making about $250 in holiday pay, $200 of which went to buying $350 worth of stuff. I wish every day could be Thanksgiving[​IMG]

6. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

Not that stuffed. I'm diabetic, so I can't indulge in my wildest food frenzy fantasies. I did get to watch LOTR: EE though, since I finally had a day off from work!

7. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I never eat a big meal for Thanksgiving, In fact I eat a lighter meal than what I usually do.

- But though-out the rest of the day I find myself going back for a small piece of lasagna,

- a few minutes later I think maybe I'll have a cookie or two.

-Sit in front of the computer 10 minutes and then wander back into the kitchen and cut myself a small piece of pumpkin pie, "Hmmm I haven't tried any of that Chocolate caramel cheesecake yet, I better take a small piece of that also".

- 15 minutes later another small serving of the lasagna...

- 15 minutes later, "How about a slice of that banana bread".

- 10 minutes later, "Ahh a few more cookies would be nice".

- 30 minutes later "Arrrhhh I feel kind of bloated, I can't eat another thing".

- 15 minutes later, "That cheesecake was good, I'll should have another piece".

- 30 minutes later, "Ughhh I feel ill from all that junk food, maybe I'll feel better if I chase it down with some real food" , reaches back in fridge for mash potatoes, stuffing and corn with mushroom gravy poured all over it.

- and so on and so on.........

8. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I was stuffed for a while today. I ate the most today, than I have in the longest while. I ended up falling asleep, and after waking up I didn't feel stuffed anymore. Now I know why animals like sleeping after they eat alot.

9. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I'm so fricken stuffed. It's just when you add that gravy everything tastes sooooooo good!!! About the feeling tired, turkey is high in triptophane (not sure of the spelling) which enduces relaxed drowsiness. My dogs, who got their Thanksgiving treat are still gently subdued, which is very unlike them. I'm going to get them up for a long walk now. We all need it.

10. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Not stuffed from the food, but I'm a bit relaxed from the bottle of wine and 3 beers I drank.

11. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

My stomach still hurts
    [​IMG]

12. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

13. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

I'm not doing too bad, and I've had Thanksgiving twice...Wednesday night was a thanksgiving potluck with my friends (about 30 people there), then yesterday was Thanksgiving with the family. It's only 8am but man...I'm going back to my parents place in a little bit for some leftovers [​IMG]

14. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I weighed myself yesterday morning when I got up and again before I went to bed.

I GAINED 4 POUNDS!

15. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I gain 4 pounds at the end of every day.

~T