How should I position the golden feet of my Paradigm 100?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ernest Yee, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Okay - quick question.

Are the feet of my 100s supposed to be placed so that the fatter part is against the speaker and the smaller part is against the floor?

I was told that the smaller ends should be used when placed on hardwood flooring since it would cause less vibration to the floor whereas when the spikes are used, it would be the other way around where the smaller part would be against the speaker.

Is this correct or does it not matter?

2. AndrewA

AndrewA Stunt Coordinator

Ernest,

Don't know if it matters since I use the spikes, but I have my 100's set with the smaller against the speakers, and the spikes are anchoring them to my carpeted floor.

Andrew

3. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

AndrewA, I want to come live at YOUR house!!! Nice Home Theater room. [​IMG]

4. Ernest Yee

AndrewA - yeah I was told if you have your spikes in use that the foot would be used to help tighten the spike and that it would be in your configuration. I did some additional research yesterday (although first was just to look at pictures from reviews!) and an AV article confirmed my suspicions and said that you want as little surface against as possible from the speaker to the floor. I guess that's why the v3s have the newer outrigger feet configuration.

5. AndrewA

AndrewA Stunt Coordinator

Ernest,

You've got the v3's? How do you like em? I thought about getting the cc v3's but I'm hedging a little, since I'm not sure if they're sonically equal to the v2's. Paradigm first said they we not, then I read else where that they are...I need to make a trip to my local dealer and get the scoop. I need to see those outriggers too.

cabreau,

thanks, its a work in progress...

6. Ernest Yee

Hey Andrew - no unfortunately, I don't have the v3s yet although I've seen enough pictures to notice those new outrigger feet.

I've been looking at getting a v3 CC as well - Our 100s are a 3-way configuration and I was thinking that the v3 570 might work better than my current v2 CC especially since the jump to go from one to the other is fairly marginal if you sell the old unit.