1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How should I hook all this crap up?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Tim Holyoke, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

I'm admittedly stupid when it comes to all this A/V stuff, so here goes - I'm getting a DirecTivo next week, and am wondering what the best way to hook everything up is. I'll have a TV, DirecTivo, VCR, Receiver, DVD player, and sometimes a PS2 (it's on another TV sometimes).

The TV and VCR are older, the receiver is POS, so it doesn't get much use. The TV is an RCA, has 2 sets of composite inputs, and I "think" 1 set of composite audio outs. It also has 1 svideo in, along w/the standard coax in. The VCR is an older ProScan, has 1 set of composites in back and 1 in front. It does have both the red and white composite things. The Tivo will have 2 sets of composite outs and 1 svideo. The DVD player just has 1 set of composite outs. And the receiver, well, I dunno, it has the "regualar" stuff on it.

So using svideo for the tivo, what's the best way to hook all this junk together? I want to be able to still record to tape off of satellite or recorded tivo things too. Thanks a lot for any help.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    See Bob McElfresh's topic at the top of the index on this Forum, "How to hook up your HT receiver."

3. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit