What's new

How screwed am I? (1 Viewer)

Dougj43

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug Johanningsmeier
First off I have been a two channel sound guy. Had to remodel after a pipe burst and decided it was time to get into more of a home theater. That is, decided two days before the drywall was to be hung. I ran heavy line for front R/L speakers and a decent line for front center. Included cable feed to component area and the Plasma. Included an extra two-wire line just in case. Thought to add a/c power behind the Plasma and plenty in component area and even one for a Sub Woof although the Kindel PLS-A speakers with Aragon amp provide lots of bass. Ran rear lines for back R/L speakers. After paying for advice I ran a HDMI cable $$$ from the area of components to the area of what expect to be a large Plasma. Opted not to run the intended rear HDMI line for projector because $$ 50 ft run. Also thought about viewing distance and decided to focus on sound and just the Plasma. Here is the question. Now the Drywall is up and about to be sanded and all that pretty wire that my electrician ran like a swiss watch maker is on the dark side. In looking for equipment I have gotten a quick education on where HDMI is or is not at yet. Wanted to use a Aragon Stage one pre/processor and, yes it was made five years ago when HDMI was not.

Sound will be ok with the Stage one and 2007 power amp but wish I had thought to add two more side speaker lines. With older components like the Stage one how screwed am I with no other feeds to the area of the Plasma then the HDMI cable? Is there a easy way to use the HDMI line to carry signal from my processer or should I make the Drywall guys happy who said "it's only your money" and add more component lines to the Plasma for use until HDMI components (using 1.3) catch up to cable manufactures.

Signed PPPPPP
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Dear 6P,

If they didn't fasten the HDMI cable to the inside of the wall. In other words if you pull on one end of the HDMI cable, and the other end freely moves, then tape the cables you'd like to use, to one end of the HDMI cable. Make sure the new cable is long enough, and pull on the other end of the HDMI, until the new wire pops out.

That would be the easiest way, to thread wire without tearing down the new wall.

Good Luck...

Jimmy

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
What is access like above your room? Is there an attic above or is the area above finished? If an attic you may try to find the cables there for easier pull-points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks