What's new

How quick to Columbia House pre-orders ship? (1 Viewer)

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I just took my first of many cracks at the columbia house DVD club and I'm wondering if thier pre-orders are worth it as my fulfilment titles. The problem is that JandR B&M is 2 subway stops from my job and I wander over there for lunch on a regular basis. Since JandR's prices are pretty freakin low and its convienent, then CH would have to have it to me within days of hitting the stores before I would use them for new stuff.

Otherwise I could get older titles from CH.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I preordered DANCES WITH WOLVES:SE and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA (both street date 5/20/03) from CH as fulfillment titles.

They shipped separately; DANCES arrived on 5/22/03, LEAGUES arrived on 5/27/03.

I don't know if that is typical (my only experience). I think I've read others say (at DVDTalk.com) that it has often taken longer but they seem to be getting better, so this may be as good as it gets.

Jim-M

Second Unit
I pre-ordered Die Another Day from CH. It would be nice to have it on release date, but at less than half the price of anyplace else I think I can wait a bit if they're late on it.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Orders from the Columbia House music club generally come staggered... I made an order for 60 CDs and it took upwards of 2 months to get the whole thing done. Some CDs were here in 2 weeks, some took forever. I'm not sure that's indicitive of their entire operation, but I should believe it isn't the most efficient in the entire world.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Yay! Another Columbia House convert. I hoped you used DVDTalk.com's DVD Clubs Forum.

With my recent CH order it took about 3 days after it's release to get my Catch Me If You Can pre-order, and about a week after release to get Equlibrium. Overall not a bad wait to get new releases for around $7 bucks.

Lowell

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
my last 2 accounts i used all pre-orders as fullfilments.
they took on average a month after the street day to my mail box.

frustrating? yes.
but considering i was paying on average under $9 for each title (including the West Side Story boxed set) i can live with it.

Guy_K

Second Unit
Pre-ordered Far From Heaven (streeted on 4/1 I believe). I got it on 5/15, over a month to ship!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks