How often does Replay update channel line-ups?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jason Seaver, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I've had my early-model Replay for a couple of years and love it, but I missed a couple shows the other night because may cable provider (Comcast) moved Sci-Fi from #75 to #62, and my Replay still doesn't seem to be aware of it.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jason:

It has been my experience that if a show changes it time or channel that you have to manually go in and tell it to record the show at the knew time or new channel.

So I would delete your old settings for your show on Sci-Fi and then go in and find the show that you are wanting to record on the new channel and tell it to record that. It doesn't seem to do this automatically for you.

Parker

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The thing is, the channel guide is still showing Sci-Fi as being channel 75, even though the cable company has changed the line-up.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You should also check for new "lineup" choices for your area (based on area code) in the setup menu choices. I remember having to change from the "Comcast Classic" plan to the "Comcast Rebuild" plan last year when Comcast re-arranged their channel layout.

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

About a month ago, Food Network (also on Comcast here) switched from the "live" Eastern feed to a Pacific feed. Took maybe a week or two for that change to be reflected in the guide.

I dunno if it actually requires someone to contact them to complain, or if that would expedite it. (I didn't bother.)

//Ken

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor