What's new

How often do you visit the HTF and post? (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Me personally I'm here every single day!! I can't see a day without coming here. And usually I post something everyday. I've been looking at a few profiles of people that are in some of the threads I've posted in, and they haven't posted anything in a MONTH OR SO!! I can't see going that one without being in a thread.

How about you?

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm here more than once a day, checking out my favorite specific forums. I post inconsistently - most of mine lately have been in the TV forum, and since it's rerun time, my posts will probably be few and far between.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I log in approximately once every three hours and post about 4 times a day on average...at least that's what the stats tell me in my profile.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hey Michael, you should check out the local meets forum since your here in Dayton.

KyleS

Screenwriter
I come every single day during the week during my free time throughout the day at work but on the weekend its a pretty rare occurrence.

KyleS

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I would be similar to KyleS. I'm on a lot during the week at work (some might say too much :)), though I'm not always posting.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I visit everyday during the week and I will visit on the weekend if ive got nothin better to do. Dont post too much tho :)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I am on here at least once a day. Some times when I have to leave I'll log off and as soon as I get back home I check back in. You can see on my profile that I have racked up a lot of time in the two months I have been a member. I have spent a lot of time reading the primer and faq area. Also doing research on future purchases. David

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Wow David your a brand new memeber. How long ya been lurking? I'd love to see where you are a year from now with your HT. A year ago I had a HTib, a 25" tv, and my playstation as my dvd player. Went to a 36", then a 65",got the rptv ISF'd, 2 speaker upgrades, a receiver upgrade, and put together a dedicated theater. All within a year of being a member here. This place and this hobby will suck you in! So members be ware!!!:D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm here for awhile daily...then I'm gone and sometimes I leave a little part of me behind before I leave. I'll keep doing it as long as they let me :)

Bruce

David Preston

Supporting Actor
LaMarcus your theater was one of the first I looked at on here when I joined. I love it. This hobby will suck you in you are not kidding about that. I work full time about 9-10 hours a day and now that I got caught up in this HT stuff I have been looking for a second part time job. That way I don't go in debt with this hobby. Well since I found this site I have went from a 46" 4:3 tv to a 57" 16:9 Hitachi. I would have went with 65" like my wife wanted to but I didn't want something to big for my living room. I also went up to a Marantz 7300 just this week. I will be haveing my HT system ISF calibrated this weekend. I will also be auditioning some speakers form Brian Bunge at RAD(Rutledge Audio Design) this weekend. Have you heard of him? From what I already experienced his work is outstanding. I ask a lot of questions before I chose. I was thinking about a Sub/Sat system but have since changed my mind. I am now going with towers and a sub with sats as rears. I will be going projector in the future when I buy my next house and have a dedicated basement for HT. I will be keeping my current RPTV for living room for new house. I also like for my stuff to match so I will be getting a Marantz DVD player soon. I hope to have both of our cars paid off soon then I could really do some serious HT upgrading. I use to belong to a car forum that I visited often. Since I found HTF I only have been back there maybe once. Sorry about the long post but I love this site. David

David Preston

Supporting Actor
LaMarcus did you just raise your TV a little more? Do you like it a little higher than it comes out of the box I was thinking of doing the same thing but haven't yet. I have a suggestion for you. Is that a Xbox on the floor? I was thinking of having a place cut out for the xbox to slide into and just slide it out when you want to play. I now have a nice entertinment center with small doors at the bottom with xbox in one side a ps2 in the other. But raising the tv and hiding the xbox were my original plan. I still plan on rasing the tv though. Your theater looks great.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well first and foremost thanks for the kind words about my theater, but stop it or you'll make me blush.:b

And yes I did raise my tv. This is actually the second time I've raised it. First time I used 2x4's, but it wasen't hight enuff. So I raised it 2 more inches. My only reason for doing this was because the people in the 1st row were blocking the lower portion of the people in the 2nd rows sight. And since my ceiling is so low it wasen't feasible to raise the riser up any more, so the next best thing was to raise the tv. Initially I had no preference about the height of the tv. But after having it raised I wouldn't want it any other way. It actually makes the tv seem larger than it really is. I love it up there.

And yes my xbox used to be on the floor, but if you look at the more recent pics you can see it on the lower rack. I haven't played xbox since Jan (when school started back), so it's not even hooked up. But your idea of it's placement sounds like a good one, you should go for it.:emoji_thumbsup:

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Maybe after I get my new speakers I will have some pics for you to see. It will be a few weeks before I get the actual ones I will purchase. The ones I demo for a couple weeks will not be the same finish as the ones I buy. So I will wait to take pics of them.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'd guess that I log on to HTF about 363 days per year and I seem to post less as the years pass. When I first signed up I'd post frivolous stuff just to boost my count but now I'll only chime in if I have something to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks