What's new

How often do prices on Denon equipment go down? (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'm pretty much set on an AVR-3803. Goodguys.com has it for $900 and they are an authorized reseller. :)

This is going to sound strange...but that's just me.

I don't need it right now. Won't really need for two months or so.

I can buy it now, I have the money saved (no more charging for me!) but should I wait?

Is there some miraculous price drop scheduled for Jan? I don't know these things like you guys do. Industry insiders and all that jazz. ;)

Thanks.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Not at Good Guys. The $900.00 is already off[$300.00] from the MSRP of $1200.00 which Good guys and most Denon authorized dealers charging,so I assume the price drop came from Denon,which could mean there is a new model on the horizon.Don't know when.
Oh and GG garantees "lowest price" for 30 days,so if they drop the price further in 30 days within your purchase date,they will refund the difference.At least they used to,check with them for sure.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hi Lewis,

Goodguys is the only etailer selling for $900 (they have "take another 10% off for online orders!" on this item...plus free shipping. :) )to bring it down to that $900.

Everyone else has it for $1K, Crutchfield, J&R, etc.

Unless someone matches GG (and the FREE shipping) I'll be getting it from them.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Goodguys is the only etailer selling for $900 (they have "take another 10% off for online orders!" on this item...plus free shipping. )to bring it down to that $900.
Oh yes I forgott they do better deals online then in stores.Probably they don't have to pay commission to anyone.Go for it!;)

keir

Stunt Coordinator
i dont know what the difference is, but 6ave.com has the older 3802 for only $650.

Muhammed

Agent
Try giving 6ave a call. I've heard that if they have the 3802 advertised, but don't have it stock (the 'in stock' listings on the website aren't always accurate), they'll give you a deal on the 3803. Generally companies such as Denon don't like it when their products are discounted heavily, especially online. Crutchfield won't discount from their online price, but other places such as 6ave might.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
On my third Denon and in my research I've never seen a big price drop in any of their models. 900.00 from an authorized retailer is a good buy, but check out 6ave, I heard a lot of good things from them. A 3802 is a good deal at 650.00, but a 3803 at that price would be unbelievable !

Good luck, I'm currently with the 3803 and it performs awesome.

NormanBour

Auditioning
I just checked Good Guys website and came up empty for a 3803. They only list the 2803 and 1603.

So what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks