What's new

How often are you supposed to change the heads of razors? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I just shave by touch. Rubbing my hand around my face, I can feel the stubble to tell which areas need more attention. How do you think blind people shave? :)

E

Eric Kahn

I do not use a mirror, shave by touch, I guess I have tough skin, I never have a problem with cutting or bleeding even when I used the blade for 4 months, it just quit working without resorting to multiple passes (like 6 or 7) over my face

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I usually get about a week and a half, unless I dont shave for a fiew days that two day buildup kills a razor dead!

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I switch my mach 3 blades about every 6-7 uses. Guess I have a rough beard. I got a couple turbo blades after I replaced the razor itself but haven't seen much of a diff.

I also shave in the shower with a fogless mirror. That, combine with using a badger hair bristle brush & shaving soap from "The Art of Shaving" makes things so much more pleasant. The great thing about shaving soap is that it doesn't contain any alcohol, is way better for your skin and even with the higher initial cost (~$15), it comes out as cheaper as I've had my 1st "bar" for almost 2 months and I'm not even halfway done w/ it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks