How often are ISF calibrations needed?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave H, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

My 4X3 Sony RPTV is three years old. I had it ISF'd a year ago. When is it recommended for another one?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Other than your typical convergence adjustments which should be made every few months, your ISF calibration should still be good. Does the picture look okay to you?

3. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

That greyscale will drift over time as the guns wear out (unevently.) It doesn't require a lot of adjustment, but it is defiantley noticable.

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I think there might be a 1-2% drop in the quality of the picture compared to when I first had the calibration a year ago and I stress "maybe." Possibly my "eye" has just gotten better and more critical at viewing video quality and I am just noticing more things going on.

I threw in Avia recently to see if I needed to adjust my white or black levels and everything can stay at the same levels as they were a year ago. I don't know if other things (greyscale, etc.) change sooner.

I had my convergence completely redone a year ago and it seems as strong as ever. However, I have a Sony and I use the "Flash Focus" button 1-2 times a week.