What's new

How not to remove a car from a snow bank (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just saw that. Was it really tied to the frame or the bumper?? How on earth could they mistake the two.. last time I checked the bumper doesn't have a hook to attach to.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
:eek:

All those guys hanging around, you'd think that ONE of them would think "hmm...the bumper just visibly pulled outwards a bit. Perhaps we shouldn't keep pulling like this?". Man. Gotta wonder how much THAT little repair costed. And how much the guys insurance agent laughed...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
:laugh: That was hilarious! :laugh:

To start with, just get a shovel and remove the snow from the front of the car and you probably drive right off there.

But to yank it by attaching a rope to a corner of the car, then pulling it against the snowbank and basically using it as a plow, they got exactly what they deserved. :D

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Exactly those guys could done a little shoveling and pushed it out in 5 minutes, but nooooooo.....

Oh, well it provided entertainment for the rest of us :D

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Stuck car? No way. A dry driveway, not into the snow very far, and several guys to push? Getting unstuck is a no-brainer. We do this all the time in Minnesota. How would he have gotten into the situation in the first place? Smells funny .....

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

...hmmm we've got about 8 guys here... I'll bet we could push it out ourselves.

I'm trying to see what state those plates are... if it's a state that doesn't normally get snow.. then I might cut them a little slack for being ignorant... but not much.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I got a good laugh at it when I saw it yesterday.

Those guys are idiots and the guy driving the truck was being a jerk. He was more interested in showing off his truck than genuinly helping the guys. But, they are still idiots for standing around and watching it happen.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Those are Maryland tags. We got some real snow here Sunday night, but they're still mor-asses.

LewB

Screenwriter
Too lazy to dig/push a rice eater out of a small pile of snow, that's strike 1.
A tow rope tied to the bumper rather than the frame, strike 2 !
Continue to pull car after bumper shows signs of movement, strike 3 !

Paging Mr. Darwin, I have some people you need to meet ! :rolleyes

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
:eek: :eek: :eek:
What a bunch of lazy bastards... they could have probably just driven forward and gotten out of it anyways! That or get a shovel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks