What's new

How my SVS scared me to death via Monsters Inc. Waterfall PLZ!! (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
"This aint f***ing Disneyland" - 9|11

I am not a prude, and I am a proud AMERICAN but is that word necessary?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Great new waterfalls TV. Am I reading it right that there's still some serious bass pushing down towards 10hz in each chart? Damn!

GaryCo

Agent
Do not forget to use this to demo 6.1, i recently bought the outlaw 1050 and set up 6.1 in my the living room. Due to the arrangement i had to place the rear center on a pass thru shelf to the kitchen. MY wife said i was not really going to keep it there , was I. I of course said no, i set it up when we watch movies.

I plugged in this trailer to show her 6.1, well when the dog growls she wipped her head around, she thought our dog was growling in the kitchen. The look was priceless! A great 6.1 demo, I cannot wait til i receive the 20-39+.

By the way, the speaker has not moved and will not, I won out.

Troy_K

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

Thanks for wasting no time with those waterfalls. They look easier to read now. That Monsters Inc sure goes low. No wonder it is so intense.

When I watch that THX intro I hear a very brief "pop" right after that ball explodes if I have it cranked up. I can't tell if that's in the source, or if it's my woof bottoming out. I thought a bottomed out woof is more like a "clack" than a "pop". Any thoughts?

Troy

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Troy,

A "pop" is not unusual. I'd say 95% sure your driver is just barely bottoming here. Can't recall your sub, or your calibration level? This might be in the top 10 of all time subwoofer torture tests (don't forget many if not most subs just lop off near everything below 30Hz so they don't even try to reproduce all you are seeing on that chart).

This is not one of those intros you want to be running "hot" if you are not powering up dual Plus or Ultra subs, and even then you would want them well calibrated and placed if you are going to push them to full theater reference level. That's some very serious bass and your SVS will do its best to reproduce every wave.

Ron

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Troy, my dual 20-39CS+'s pop @ -10db on my 3802 calibrated w/ AVIA. I have read other threads were people report the same thing. That ball explosion hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks