What's new

how much will i miss if i get regular EVIL DEAD (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
as opposed to the Book of the Dead version? I really hate that packaging and I'm wondering just how good the "fanalysis" documentary and the other featurette are. I'd be happy with the 16:9 enhancement and the commentary, actually, but if i knew that the 2 featurettes are extremely necessary, I'd reconsider.

thanks

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

If you don't like the amazing packaging I would just go with new Anchor Bay non-book Evil Dead. You probably wouldn't enjoy the featurettes anyways (they are both excellent, though).

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the movie. I just think the packaging is cheesy, plus I hear it smells REALLY bad.

If the documentaries are good enough, I might have to get it.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Just get the new Anchor Bay one which was stated, just not in the Book Packaging. You get the same disc with DTS and Anamorphic, but without the Book Packaging, it's quite cheap. $13 and change at my local Wal-Mart.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i used to have the Elite version but now i have a 16:9 tv...i am aware of the controversy over the OAR but now if there's a 16:9 version of a movie available to me, approved by the director, i'll take the 16:9.

i'll probably get the barebones version...it's only $13!?! AMAZING...the commentary alone is worth that.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
That odor completely dissipated after 2-3 days.
For me, after 2-3 days, the smell dissipated to the extent that I could only detect it by holding it rather close to my face.
:)
My advice: get the book of the dead version, just keep it in your attic/cellar/garage/crawl space/tool shed/trunk of your car for a couple of days before you bring it into the house.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Sean,

I have the regular keepcase version of the Evil Dead and it has all of the same features as the Book of the Dead version. Yes, even the "Fanalysis" is on there!!!! If you don't want to pay the extra money for the smelly case, just buy the cheap one.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i wonder why they don't advertise the 2 versions being the same? the back of the boxes clearly implies the non-Book of the Dead version is missing some featurettes.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
They AREN'T the same. Book of the Dead has a couple extra featurettes than the normal one but I'm lazy so I'm not gonna look right now.

Gregory E

Second Unit
The Fanalysis is not advertised on the keepcase version, it's an easter egg. There's also 3 other easter eggs, I believe. And I think the Book of the Dead only has 2 eggs. I have seen both, but I could be mistaken.....

The eggs on the keepcase version are:
1. Fanalysis
2. Halloween panel discussion
3. Make-up tests
4. Discovering the Evil Dead featurette

If the Fanalysis is on the keepcase version as an easter egg, can anyone give directions on how to find it? I was able to locate two easter eggs but neither was the Fanalysis.

James

Gregory E

Second Unit
The other two easter eggs are much harder to find. Here are the instructions as I copied them from another board...

1. Go to the Make-up Test egg (title 14, chapter 1) in order to find the Fanalysis. As it starts to play hit the right Skip or Chapter advance button twice and it will jump over its return instructions (14 chapter 2) and reveal the feature entitled Fanalysis (title 15, chapter 1).

Note: I had to manually type in the Title and Chapter numbers to get it to work.

2. Starting at the main menu, you need to select the Audio Setup. Then pick Commentaries. Then pick the Commentary for Bruce Campbell. When the word "play" is high lighted in red, press enter. After the THX intro, the commentary for Bruce will start over a still picture (title 19, chapter 1). As this is playing, press the right skip or chapter advance button twice. This will skip over its play movie command (19 chapter 2) so that it will reveal the Discovering the Evil Dead featurette. (title 20, chapter 1)

Again, I had to manually type in the Title and Chapter numbers instead of pushing the skip button.

These can be a little tricky to find. But they ARE on there!!!

William Berry

Auditioning
Thanks Gregory!
I was worried that I might have to go back and buy the Book of the Dead version sometime, but now I'm glad I don't have to.
You just saved me $30 :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks