How much weight can I carry in a '92 Chevy S-10

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Drew Bethel, May 9, 2005.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

...two wheel drive short back truck?

I plan to put down new sod in my backyard and a pallet of this stuff weighs about 2000 lbs.

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

Think you've got a half ton pickup and a one ton load....sounds like two trips (or more)

Mort

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I wouldn't push it though, remember that everything is many years old.

I'd maybe to 7-800, but not much more.

Brent

5. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Thanks for the feedback guys. They charge a $75 flat delivery rate and a 4 pallet minimum but I will ask them if they'll take the $75 and just deliver the single pallet. I want the truck to last throughout this year so I'd better not push it into extinction! :b

6. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I had bought a 1/2 ton pickup in 86. Brand new. My dad needed sod. We go down with my new shiny truck. They started loading that pallet of St. Augustine and I thought the bumper was going to hit the ground and the tires were going to pop. Luckily we only had 2 miles to drive....[​IMG]

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

While working construction I was given a new 1 ton dumping flatdeck to drive. My first load was two bundles of wet form ply, which was overweight. Driving down the freeway, I hit a pothole and blew out one of the dual tires on the back, then had to drive the rest of the way, over even worse roads, in rush hour, on a single tire, with no spare and no jack. Add to that the fact that this was a standard with a low first gear (that no one told me about, and I don't drive standard), and had to try to shift with a bad clutch.

When I dumped the load, the straps broke, sending plywood shooting 800 feet across the parking lot. It was not a good day. [​IMG]