What's new

How much weight can I carry in a '92 Chevy S-10 (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
...two wheel drive short back truck?

I plan to put down new sod in my backyard and a pallet of this stuff weighs about 2000 lbs.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Think you've got a half ton pickup and a one ton load....sounds like two trips (or more)

Mort

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't push it though, remember that everything is many years old.

I'd maybe to 7-800, but not much more.

Brent

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks for the feedback guys. They charge a $75 flat delivery rate and a 4 pallet minimum but I will ask them if they'll take the $75 and just deliver the single pallet. I want the truck to last throughout this year so I'd better not push it into extinction! :b

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I had bought a 1/2 ton pickup in 86. Brand new. My dad needed sod. We go down with my new shiny truck. They started loading that pallet of St. Augustine and I thought the bumper was going to hit the ground and the tires were going to pop. Luckily we only had 2 miles to drive....:D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While working construction I was given a new 1 ton dumping flatdeck to drive. My first load was two bundles of wet form ply, which was overweight. Driving down the freeway, I hit a pothole and blew out one of the dual tires on the back, then had to drive the rest of the way, over even worse roads, in rush hour, on a single tire, with no spare and no jack. Add to that the fact that this was a standard with a low first gear (that no one told me about, and I don't drive standard), and had to try to shift with a bad clutch.

When I dumped the load, the straps broke, sending plywood shooting 800 feet across the parking lot. It was not a good day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks