How much SVS is too much SVS? Possible?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KrisCH, Jul 17, 2003.

1. KrisCH

KrisCH Auditioning

Hello wondering if all of you SVS owners might chime in and give me your opiniions as to my situation.

I am currently planning on purchasing one or two svs pb2+ subs for a dedicated home theater room of about 3200 sf.

I asked SVS about this directly and they just said that one may be enough or it may not be depending on my listening preferences.

What is your take on what I should do? I know many of you bass-heads can not get enough, but I am really wondering if 2 subs will be worth it or if I should spend the money elsewhere in upgrading some other toys.

I am not looking to try to crack my foundation or anything, I will be listening at "sane" levels most of the time.

2. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I just decided to put my duel 25-31cs+ in leaky corner one of my HT. This corner is not my optimal corner for SPL but my bass sounds the best in this corner. Duel 25-31cs+'s equal to one PB2+ basically and I think you might be satisfied with one PB2+? I am running my duel in the 20Hz option (this week anyway) so I loose a few dB's and I realize close to the numbers Edward gave you. My HT is 2880 cubic ft/ 24 X 12 with 10' ceiling. It's not my wish to detract from SVS sales but you could try one and then if you felt you needed/wanted more, then you could spring for another.
    >
    __________________________________________________ _________

"Sane levels most of the time">>>I think you would find one PB2+ more than a ear-full.

4. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Kris;

Here's an idea for you. Why not start off by ordering one PB2_Plus? Try it out and see if it satisfies you in terms of performance and output. If you feel like the sub is struggling to keep up, order the second one.

That said, I have a single SVS 16-46PC_Plus corner loaded in a room that is approximately 3,000 cubic feet, and I cannot complain about the output of bass in any way, even though I have a port blocked and have it tuned to 12 Hz. Naturally, your results may vary. However, I suspect that one PB2_Plus, which may be a good deal more powerful than my sub, would do just fine in your room.

Then again, if it isn't, you can always just order that second sub.

5. KrisCH

KrisCH Auditioning

Thanks for the replies. And yes Edward, I do not live in a mansion, I meant 3200 cubic feet not square feet. I think I will go ahead with just one for now, like you said I can always get another if needs require it. I just had an offer to save a little bit of $$ if buying a combo so I thought I would ask.

When I get everything all set up I will be sure to let you all know what my thoughts are.