What's new

How much property damage have to created because of frustration from a video game? (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
One time I was playing Madden on Playstation and I lost a really close game. Then I got so pissed off I opened the lid and pulled the CD out with the game still running. I tried to break it in half but when I bent it the thing shattered and exploded into a billion little pieces. Then I picked up the controller and threw it against the floor and it shattered. I haven't played Madden since then.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Dammit...Should have seen that one coming...er...I mean...[putting foot in mouth]I'll shut up now![/putting foot in mouth] :b
Shut up Rob! :D :D

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've become much more patient over the years. Not less frustrated, but I haven't tossed the controller since the SNES days.

I'll vouch for Ninja Gaiden, though. Also, the Ghosts N' Goblins/Ghouls N' Ghosts drove me nuts. Beating M. Bison on level 8 difficulty for SNES was migraine-inducing.

Of the recent games, NBA Showtime for Dreamcast got me worked up. The Utah Jazz beat me 4 or 5 straight times, that when I finally won I started yelling at the TV misc. barbs, got up and had to walk off the extra energy.

All part of the the fun of videogames.

Another one that got to me was Metal Gear Solid 2:

I was at the very end of the game, on 'normal' difficulty, fighting the Metal Gear Ray(s). Well, after 45 minutes, I finally beat them. Then during the cinema that followed, the game locked up. I was *pissed*. I contemplated quitting, but instead played again, beat the Ray(s) sequence, and finished the game.

Jason

DarrinH

Second Unit
Yes Yoshi I remember that one!
HA HA HA...Ninja Gaden on NES. I can hear the sounds of taking damage now! :laugh:
I remember that one well, but I finally beat the SOB.
I threw a pillow across the room though, never damaged any equipment or walls.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Fester's Quest, one of those notoriously hard Sunsoft titles where your 'bullets' would actually travel through the enemies as they flickered due to slowdown. And where getting 'killed' meant Game Over rather than 'continue.'
The Frankenstein's monster/hunchback duo in Castlevania for the NES.
I have tossed so many carts against the wall.. and it's nice because for the most part, they were durable. Now, with CDs, I know that tossing them will more likely break them so I just have to sit there and 'take it.'
My last 'blood boiling' frustration experience actually took place during MGS2. I don't know whether I was just having a bad day, in a bad mood already, but Solidus's taunts really started getting under my skin... hearing that 'is that all you got?' over and over again... I almost kicked in my PS2.
So I went to a bar, tossed down a few, smoked a whole pak.. and I haven't TOUCHED this title since. F*** it. :)
Joseph

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I put a hole in my wall when I finally beat Ninja Gaiden. There was that one stage w/ the impossible jump. You had to bounce off the enemies oh what a bitch. Great storyline. And to think I was upset when I bought it b/c it wasn't exactly like the arcade game. It was better. I always had luck in buying nintendo games. Never had a bad buy, except Ironsword, but it was a gift.

If any of you guys were at my house and threw my controller around I'd smack you right in the back of the head and you'd take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks