How much property damage have to created because of frustration from a video game?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronP, Feb 2, 2002.

1. AaronP

AaronP Stunt Coordinator

For me its:

Destruction of 2 gel wrist pads after losing close games of Madden 2001 on the net.

Destruction of several SNES controllers after smashing them into the concrete floor after losing close sports games.

Um, when I was real little, I chucked my come of WWF Wrestling Challenge across the room after losing a big tag match.

I'm sure there's more stuff. I'm not destructive at all, but sometimes these games really get my dander up!

About 10 years ago my friend smashed his joystick into his keyboard breaking both of them when I beat him in Mike Ditka football by onside kicking him to death in the 4th quarter.

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I threw a $160 tennis racquet into the cort smashing it to pieces.

...but I don't dare damage the elecronics.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Where are those temper management classes when you need them? Or at least some guy in a padded suit so you can repeatedly kick him where it hurts. [​IMG]

4. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

you all need some anger management courses...learn to channel that energy...

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have yet to seriously break a video game console or anything related to one from getting mad. I do get really intense and will hurt myself (damn Street Fighter Collection made by left thumb blistered to hell) but not the actual console.

6. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Well, when I was playing that damn sniper level in Medal of Honor, there were several times I wanted to smash the keyboard through my monitor. But I didnt [​IMG]
    And other times I'll get generally frustrated when I keep missing a jump in some game, or whatnot.
    I dont think I've ever broken anything because of a video game. But I did punch my mom in the face once when I was a little kid and got to a new part in Montezumas Revenge on my old Atari 5200. Got to the big end level where there were just those chain things and the amulets, and I threw my fist in the air in triumph, and my mom was standing right there, heh heh! [​IMG]
    Brian

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

What a great topic [​IMG]

8. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

When I get frustrated with a game I always target the nearest wall. MGS 2 has been the big one recently. Thankfully my apartment has sturdy walls and I havent done any major damage. When I get frustrated with computer games I usually just exit the game real quick and dont play for an hour or so.

I've never broken a controller or a system, but my brother's playstation controllers look like hell becuase he throws them so often.

JQ

9. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Long time gamer here...
    Back in the Sega Genesis days, I threw my share of controllers. Years later, I'm a wiser man, opting instead to just quit the game, usually muttering "Stupid game". [​IMG]
    I guess I have somewhat matured, so now instead I just verbally abuse those around me when I lose, driving everyone from the house. [​IMG]
    Seriously though, the best thing is to get away from the game and come back later. Much more fun to be had that way. [​IMG]

10. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I can't remember what game I was playing...it was on the Apple II+ so, ummm...it was a little while ago. [​IMG] Anyhoo, I got so damn mad that I disconnected the controller, took it into my dads toolroom, and smashed it to bits with a sledgehammer.
    Several years ago, I was playing 4D Boxing on my Amiga 3000. The number 2 ranked guy used to give me one hell of a fight. Sometimes, I swear the computer was cheating. Anyhoo, I got so pissed, I smashed the controller, immediately went out to the store and bought a new one, plugged it in, tried to beat that jagoff again, lost, and proceeded to smash the shit outta the brand new controller.

11. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Way back in the 8-bit days I use to throw my Nintendo controllers against the wall. I wound up having quite a collection of broken controllers. These days I just quit. The stuff is too expensive to break.

-Andre F

12. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    What was great about those old Atari joysticks is that when you got pissed off you could just grab hold of the stick and rip it right off the base.
    Been there, done that [​IMG]
    Mike

13. Yoshi Sugawara

Yoshi Sugawara Stunt Coordinator

No game has ever frustated me more: Ninja Gaiden on the NES..Arrgh!

14. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Heh yeah I hear you Yoshi [​IMG] the end of that game is a complete bitch.
    I haven't managed to break any controllers but have done my share of chucking them (usually at something soft across the room like a sofa. I have smashed a couple mice on my PC playing EQ, the first one shatered in to pieces and cut my hand making me even more pissed off. Then 30 minutes later I was running to the store for another mouse so I could collect my corpse...damn game
    Dean

15. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Dean,

I hear ya. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten pissed off at EQ - usually due to stupid party members.

"OOM. Please stop pulling. Please. STOP. PULLING!"

Mike

16. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

17. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

[​IMG]
    damn this couch is sticky [​IMG]

18. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

ROTFL!!! [​IMG]

19. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Holy hell!! This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Videogame football has caused me to throw more controllers across the room than anything else.