What's new

How much property damage have to created because of frustration from a video game? (1 Viewer)

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
For me its:

Destruction of 2 gel wrist pads after losing close games of Madden 2001 on the net.

Destruction of several SNES controllers after smashing them into the concrete floor after losing close sports games.

Um, when I was real little, I chucked my come of WWF Wrestling Challenge across the room after losing a big tag match.

I'm sure there's more stuff. I'm not destructive at all, but sometimes these games really get my dander up!

About 10 years ago my friend smashed his joystick into his keyboard breaking both of them when I beat him in Mike Ditka football by onside kicking him to death in the 4th quarter.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I threw a $160 tennis racquet into the cort smashing it to pieces.

...but I don't dare damage the elecronics.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Where are those temper management classes when you need them? Or at least some guy in a padded suit so you can repeatedly kick him where it hurts. ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have yet to seriously break a video game console or anything related to one from getting mad. I do get really intense and will hurt myself (damn Street Fighter Collection made by left thumb blistered to hell) but not the actual console.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Well, when I was playing that damn sniper level in Medal of Honor, there were several times I wanted to smash the keyboard through my monitor. But I didnt ;)
And other times I'll get generally frustrated when I keep missing a jump in some game, or whatnot.
I dont think I've ever broken anything because of a video game. But I did punch my mom in the face once when I was a little kid and got to a new part in Montezumas Revenge on my old Atari 5200. Got to the big end level where there were just those chain things and the amulets, and I threw my fist in the air in triumph, and my mom was standing right there, heh heh! ;)
Brian

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
When I get frustrated with a game I always target the nearest wall. MGS 2 has been the big one recently. Thankfully my apartment has sturdy walls and I havent done any major damage. When I get frustrated with computer games I usually just exit the game real quick and dont play for an hour or so.

I've never broken a controller or a system, but my brother's playstation controllers look like hell becuase he throws them so often.

JQ

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Long time gamer here...
Back in the Sega Genesis days, I threw my share of controllers. Years later, I'm a wiser man, opting instead to just quit the game, usually muttering "Stupid game". :)
I guess I have somewhat matured, so now instead I just verbally abuse those around me when I lose, driving everyone from the house. ;)
Seriously though, the best thing is to get away from the game and come back later. Much more fun to be had that way. :D

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I can't remember what game I was playing...it was on the Apple II+ so, ummm...it was a little while ago. :laugh: Anyhoo, I got so damn mad that I disconnected the controller, took it into my dads toolroom, and smashed it to bits with a sledgehammer.
Several years ago, I was playing 4D Boxing on my Amiga 3000. The number 2 ranked guy used to give me one hell of a fight. Sometimes, I swear the computer was cheating. Anyhoo, I got so pissed, I smashed the controller, immediately went out to the store and bought a new one, plugged it in, tried to beat that jagoff again, lost, and proceeded to smash the shit outta the brand new controller.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Way back in the 8-bit days I use to throw my Nintendo controllers against the wall. I wound up having quite a collection of broken controllers. These days I just quit. The stuff is too expensive to break.

-Andre F

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
What was great about those old Atari joysticks is that when you got pissed off you could just grab hold of the stick and rip it right off the base.
Been there, done that :)
Mike

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Heh yeah I hear you Yoshi ;) the end of that game is a complete bitch.
I haven't managed to break any controllers but have done my share of chucking them (usually at something soft across the room like a sofa. I have smashed a couple mice on my PC playing EQ, the first one shatered in to pieces and cut my hand making me even more pissed off. Then 30 minutes later I was running to the store for another mouse so I could collect my corpse...damn game
Dean

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Dean,

I hear ya. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten pissed off at EQ - usually due to stupid party members.

"OOM. Please stop pulling. Please. STOP. PULLING!"

Mike

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Holy hell!! This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :laugh: :laugh:
damn this couch is sticky
Oh Rob, you're killing me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Anyway, it wasn't the electronics I used to damage, it was usually one of my brothers. When we were younger, we'd always play each other at sports games on the NES and SNES. And whoever lost got it rubbed in his face horribly. This turned the game into a freakin' WWF match. You should have seen us. We'd have to be pulled off of each other, usually foaming at the mouth. Then, of course, we'd have a rematch about 15 minutes later.
To this day I get that mad when people like to be over-cocky and rub it in. But, I control myself and call them dirty names in my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks