What's new

How much medical test gear do you have at home? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Medical test gear has certainly evolved from the days that Earl Bakken replaced a cart full of vacuum tubes with an implantable pacemaker.

These days medical test gear has evolved from hospital use to consumer electronics. These days a layman like me owns stuff that was not seen outside of a doctor's office a few years ago. I started making a list and found I have the following items around my house.

* Digital thermometer
* Digital blood pressure meter
* Digital pulse oximeter
* Digital 2-contact EKG tester
* Digital scales and BMI tester
* Analog stethoscope

I'm presently trying to plow through a med school outline book so that I can make out what those EKG squiggles mean. It's tough when you haven't been to med school.

Anyone else collect medical test gear for home use?

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just purchased a temporal thermometer. These deliver near instant measurements via either the forehead or ear. Also have the digital BP monitor.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Scroll down the link page you'll see a list of where the squiggles (colours) are placed on the body
https://en.ecgpedia.org/wiki/Basics

Had few tiny small heart attacks myself Five and according to all the needles blood tests that came back. Stent has been placed in, and yet I still feel a bit weak at times. Some days okay for few hours other rest days lousy and just sleep in bed.
12031578_10153585543130149_2401625899888799318_o.jpg

I lost count how many times had EKG and other sticky senors placed on me. I thought I was testing out to be an Astronaut :lol:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just picked up two temporal thermometers from Amazon for $14.50 each. Took a month for them to arrive, but they seem to work OK for that bargain price. Local pharmacies are selling them for $60.

Picked up a blood pressure monitor recently on a doctor's advice. Had picked up a pulse oximeter a few months back, but have never used it.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Scroll down the link page you'll see a list of where the squiggles (colours) are placed on the body
https://en.ecgpedia.org/wiki/Basics

Had few tiny small heart attacks myself Five and according to all the needles blood tests that came back. Stent has been placed in, and yet I still feel a bit weak at times. Some days okay for few hours other rest days lousy and just sleep in bed.
View attachment 69920

I lost count how many times had EKG and other sticky senors placed on me. I thought I was testing out to be an Astronaut :lol:

Hang in there. The single best thing we can usually do for our health is adjust our diets. I'm not suggesting yours isn't already optimized, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks