how much is too much for a used SVS sub?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by DerekCV, Jun 20, 2005.

1. DerekCV

DerekCV Stunt Coordinator

How much would you pay for a used SVS PB12-isd/2 sub assuming it is still in good shape and you were in the market for one and there was no shipping?

Thanks for the input.
    D

2. Tim_

Tim_ Stunt Coordinator

Politely I would say nothing more then SVS B-stock prices. Actually for me I would not spend a dime more on used item for at least 40% off market price not retail. Due to there are a lot of risk involve with purchasing use item form strangers. You might ended up spend more if you get cheated with defective unit. I would only paid premium on used item from my friends and families where I know the history of the product.

3. John S

John S Producer

I use 1/2 off as my standard for used equipment.

Puts it around $450.... Darn amazing sub for $450 though, so I'd suspect he would / may want more for it.

4. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Half off is generally a good guideline. However, I rarely see used SVS subs for a full half off. The used market for those is pretty decent. Not many want to ship those things though.

5. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

SVS's warranty is transferable, so assuming it's less than 3 yrs old, there's really no risk buying it used. I bought my SVS PB12-Plus/2 for $800. The individual I bought it from lived an hour away, so I got to inspect it before plunking my money down. No issues, and I saved $500 from what it would have cost new from SVS.

For a PB12-ISD/2 I'd say somewhere in the $600-$700 range would be fair.

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

With no shipping costs involved and the warranty in effect for another year or so, I say $700 for a perfect condition PB12-ISD/2. If it were a different model, you would expect a little more off the new price, but since it's 1 of SVS's value leaders, it should retain closer to it's original price imo.

7. John S

John S Producer

Exactly.. Already considered a bargain at the $899 it sells for.

8. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I would agree, those damn subs are built like tanks, probably last years and years with little degredation to sound. At $899 it's a great value, at anything under that it approaches a real steal. So $700 sounds fair for a nicely kept unit. If you flip it around and consider how much crazy bass you are getting for $700, it's easy to see why the used market for SVS' remains strong.