How much is shipping on the SVS 25-31PCi?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Mikel.S, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Mikel.S

Mikel.S Extra

Just wondering how much do you think it'll cost after shipping and tax etc to Virginia. I hope not over $600 or else i'll have to get the vtf-2

2. Ron Stimpson

Ron Stimpson Stunt Coordinator

Mike,

Start an order with all your data and before you actually submit the UPS charges will be rolled up.

To VA a 25-31PCi will probably be less than $25 depending where in the state you are (only $20 to Alexandria for instance).

Ron
    SVS

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I live in Springfield, VA and I paid like $27 S&H for the CS Ultra which has a much heavier driver.

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

FYI: On April 2002, my SVS 25-31PCi cost $40.60 to ship UPS to Mountain View, CA, ... and was worth every penny!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Especially after I REF Calibrated it using Video Essentials dedicated LFE test tone and played Jurassic Park III!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phil

5. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Hey I have a question why shipping comes up so much in threads like this.. And mikel.s this is not directed at you so please dont take this wrong and this is an overall issue that gets posted up here alot. Help me out folks.. I don't get it. If your going to spend $600 on a sub or there have been others in a fury over $70 in a whole speakers set up (over $2K worth of speakers) shipping charge what is $5 to say even $50 when it comes to what your getting. Something that you will be living with for a very long time. I for one think that a person should never add shipping into the picture unless your talking some exhorbant out of country shipping expense. I love to save a buck like the next person but when your talking already getting a better product for a better price via the internet..... well I just don't get it. Again this is not a slam post its an I don't get it post so someone please educate me.

6. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Mike deep breaths, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.
    sometimes people set such limits on theirselves that itprecludes them getting the most for their money.
    this post is a perfect example.

It appears $25 is breaking the bank. Instead of buying 2 dvds rent them. Bam there is the extra $25

Scott

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

For the most part, I feel that shipping charges are quite reasonable for speaker packages and SVS subs. My H/K AVR-7200 was only $46.00 to ship from one coast to the next and it weighs 75 Lbs. when packed for shipping.

What does irk me is EBay sellers who charge $75.00 to ship a 40 Lb. receiver. [​IMG]

8. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Thanks Scott... I am getting the 02 bottle out... haha...

9. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

Mikel, just get the VTF-2 ! [​IMG]

10. Bruce-E

Bruce-E Stunt Coordinator

Some companies overcharge for shipping,to make up for a discount price.You can go to Fedex or UPS websites to figure out shipping charges. All you need is the shippers zip code and yours,weight and dimmensions.Remember all these companies are also getting volume discounts.

11. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

From my experience SVS passes on any saving on shippng to their customers. The PB2+ weighs on the fare 150pounds. SVS charges the cutomer a mere $100. For me to ship the came box, a one time ship, came out to be roughly $130.