What's new

How much is my receiver worth? (1 Viewer)

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys. I've searched around a bit, but can't seem to find how much the Sony DB830s are going for. Any ideas? I'm considering upgrading to that Harmon Kardon 520 deal, but I quickly need to find out how much I could get for my current receiver (make the wife happy). I'm sure its not much, but the less total money I tell her we have to put out, the more happy/less unhappy she will be.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
A quick search of Ebay shows someone tried to sell one for $250 shipped with no takers.

Someone else is trying to sell an 830 with a 5 disc CD for $250.

Someone else has just an 830 for sale starting bid $100 with one day left and no takers.

Ya may need to sell really low to get out from under it.

Alfer

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Bah, hardly seems worth it then. Thanks for pointing those out. Maybe I'll hang on to it for a bedroom system :)
Ian

Yogi

Screenwriter
Bah, hardly seems worth it then. Thanks for pointing those out. Maybe I'll hang on to it for a bedroom system
Thats the best idea. I sent my technics SADX930 to my bedroom HT system when I upgraded to my 3802. Bought some cheap sony speakers to go with it and now I have a HT system in my bedroom which is fairly decent sounding. Sure beats watching TV with single speaker (old Sharp 21 inch TV). Next when I upgrade to a separate prepro (hopefully the B&K Ref50) I'll send the 3802 in the bedroom and the Technics in the basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks