How Much is My Old Panasonic RPTV Worth?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Lin Park, May 23, 2005.

1. Lin Park

Lin Park Second Unit

Back in January of '99 I bought a Panasonic PT-56WXF90 HD RPTV (56" Widescreen HD Ready Rear Projection TV). My family and I are looking to move and this piece won't really fit in the new home very well so I am looking to sell it.

It went through a full makeover and ISF calibration by the one and only Louis Carliner about 3 years ago and still looks great to this day. It's been a real joy to own and I'm sad to see it go but the time has come.

Given what's out there now, how much do people here think it is worth on the resale market?

Thanx,
    Lin

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

The fact that you have a Widescreen model, HD ready, and Panasonic are good features, but comparing it to what's on the market now, you can get a 57 inch model with HDMI and multi HD inputs for about 1700. That being said the most I think you would get for it is about $600.00 to $700.00. I understand you probably paid a pretty penny for it since Widescreen was videophile's choice in 99 but the fact that the t.v. is 6 years old means it's 6 years behind the current technology. As you know the sets are brighter and just affordable. Unless you get lucky and find someone who don't fully understand their options, don't haggle to much either. IMHO. Goodluck.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I agree with Jerome's numbers. I would ask $750/OBO.