1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

how much $ has the htf brought retailers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christ Reynolds, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    although i'm not complaining, i wonder how much at fault the htf is for making me spend all this money. where its not as much as most, i think ive spend a decent amount of money because of all the great info here. for example, my new receiver costs more than each of my first two cars. i spent $845 on my vsx-45tx, and $700 apiece for my two vw jettas. they each last me two years, so thats a deal, but i think if it werent for the htf, i wouldnt have half as much invested as i do. i just want so much ht stuff! but isnt it a great hobby?

CJ

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

HT and digital cameras were the primary drivers for Best Buy's success (and Circuit City's re-model away from appliances to a similar floorplan). HT will grow by leaps and bounds over the next 10 years. It will be interesting to see how movie theaters adopt .. and they will (just as they did with TV) .. but it will still be fun to see what unfolds.

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I think the HTF cost me $2000 CDN in the last 2 years, for HT equipment.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

over my span of involvement in the hobby...multiple thousands of dollars and no end in sight [​IMG]
    kevin t