1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

How much does a 150" Screen Cost

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Allen Marshall, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Allen Marshall

Allen Marshall Supporting Actor

it's killin me, i wouldnt even be able to ballpark it cause i have no idea. I tried lookin it up, that didnt work.

So, how much would a 150" screen that always stays there (doesnt roll up or come down or anything) cost roughly. If the company is a big factor can you guys name some. The only Screens i can name off the top of my head are Phillips and DA-LITE.

If i were to take a guess i would say a 150" screen would be about $2,000 (basing it on absolutely no knowledge). If need be, can someone just pick a company (a good screen company, if there are any) and tell me what a 150" screen would cost from that company. I dont need the information for anything, atleast not for along while, but im curious and it's drivin me insane.

2. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I was looking at some really cheap ones on Ebay. The least expensive ones I've found so far, started at $200, and went up into the thousands.

3. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

your answer is right above you check out the sponser carada

they have a 142, 0r 144 I forget pretty reasonable for that size, and less than 1/2 your guess

check out da lite, stewart,draper,carada, or try and make your own much cheaper, but maby not at that size.

4. Matthew Todd

Matthew Todd Second Unit

You'll probably find that a "roll up screen" (specifically a manual pull down) will be cheaper than one that "always stays there" (fixed screen).

This is because pull down screens are typically targeted towards classroom and similar use. They make/sell a lot of them, and so they are generally less expensive.

As a reference, I paid about $8 a sq ft for my Da-Lite pull down Model B screen in video spectra fabric (gain of 1.5).

Matt

5. Sean M

Sean M Stunt Coordinator

Yes, but manual pull downs have the problem of waves in the screen material unless some sort of tensioning is applied (Da-Lite High Power, notwithstanding), which increases the price. If you want a fixed screen, then I second the recommendation of Carada. They are by far the best bang for the buck commercial screen company around and they will do custom sizes for you. And it will probably cost just more than half of your guess, as Eric pointed out.

6. Allen Marshall

Allen Marshall Supporting Actor

Ok so how much would a 150" fixed screen Carada cost?

What confuses me are these sizes, what exactly is the ideal widescreen size.

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Allen:

Why do want to go that large? Trying to fill that size screen with an acceptable picture is going to be hard. What size room are you working with? What kind of projector are you wanting to use?

You could always give David Giles, the owner of Carada, an email at [email protected]. He will be able to get you set up with the right screen for the size room that you have and the type of projector that you want to use with it.

Some projectors require a higher gain screen than others or a grey screen as opposed to a white screen and with a screen size of 150 inches you are going to need to have in a room that is pretty much pitch black.

David is an expert in this area and he will give you the best option for the room and projector that you have for a very competitive price.

Parker