How much did the tooth fairy leave you?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Kyle McKnight, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I'm 24 now. When I was a kid, I always got 1-5 dollars per tooth. I think it started off as a dollar and progressed to 5. One time though, I got a note that was a voucher for a 2nd pair of "Air Jordans" which I was soo excited about (it was the time my tooth fell out in a friends pool and I never found it). Needless to say, by the time my next tooth fell out, I was informed of who the tooth fairy was. It was fun while it lasted and ended with a bang though!

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I'm 24 now. When I was a kid, I always got 1-5 dollars per tooth. I think it started off as a dollar and progressed to 5. One time though, I got a note that was a voucher for a 2nd pair of "Air Jordans" which I was soo excited about (it was the time my tooth fell out in a friends pool and I never found it). Needless to say, by the time my next tooth fell out, I was informed of who the tooth fairy was. It was fun while it lasted and ended with a bang though!

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Didn't work for me. I was a dumb kid and didn't know you had to tell your parents you lost a tooth. It sat there for over a week before I threw it out. :b

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Didn't work for me. I was a dumb kid and didn't know you had to tell your parents you lost a tooth. It sat there for over a week before I threw it out. :b

5. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I got a quarter, except for when I got my braces, and they had to pull my last eight baby teeth. That one time I got $1 per tooth. Oh, and I got $10 total when my wisdom teeth were extracted ($2.50 per tooth, but they were severely impacted, and I think I deserved it). My sister, who is five years younger than me, always got at least $1 per tooth. I think she maxed out at $5. I used to give my son a Star Wars figure for each tooth. He's 13, and I think he has one or two molars left to go, and he'll probably get Yu-Gi-Oh cards for those. My daughters are 1 and 2. Not sure what they'll get.

6. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I got a quarter, except for when I got my braces, and they had to pull my last eight baby teeth. That one time I got $1 per tooth. Oh, and I got $10 total when my wisdom teeth were extracted ($2.50 per tooth, but they were severely impacted, and I think I deserved it). My sister, who is five years younger than me, always got at least $1 per tooth. I think she maxed out at $5. I used to give my son a Star Wars figure for each tooth. He's 13, and I think he has one or two molars left to go, and he'll probably get Yu-Gi-Oh cards for those. My daughters are 1 and 2. Not sure what they'll get.

7. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

I got a quarter. Accounting for inflation, my daughter gets a silver dollar.

8. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

I got a quarter. Accounting for inflation, my daughter gets a silver dollar.

9. andrew markworthy

Are you telling us you only had one milk tooth, or that you've only lost one tooth so far? If the latter, then do your mommy and daddy know you're on this forum? [​IMG]

I lost my first teeth in the 60s and received sixpence (in old Brit money pre-decimilisation - i.e. about 5 cents) per tooth. I knew who the tooth fairy really was from the start. The thought of a tiny supernatural being having an interest in taking away my teeth would have freaked me out, so I'm glad I twigged from the start (first time out, my mother woke me trying to find the tooth under the pillow).

My kids get £1 per tooth. My son when aged 8 objected to the idea of a girl fairy taking away his teeth (both he and his sister know the tooth fairy isn't real, it's the general concept he hates) so he has the tooth gorilla.

10. andrew markworthy

Are you telling us you only had one milk tooth, or that you've only lost one tooth so far? If the latter, then do your mommy and daddy know you're on this forum? [​IMG]

I lost my first teeth in the 60s and received sixpence (in old Brit money pre-decimilisation - i.e. about 5 cents) per tooth. I knew who the tooth fairy really was from the start. The thought of a tiny supernatural being having an interest in taking away my teeth would have freaked me out, so I'm glad I twigged from the start (first time out, my mother woke me trying to find the tooth under the pillow).

My kids get £1 per tooth. My son when aged 8 objected to the idea of a girl fairy taking away his teeth (both he and his sister know the tooth fairy isn't real, it's the general concept he hates) so he has the tooth gorilla.

11. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

A quarter.

12. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

A quarter.

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

No, I just did it with the first tooth and didn't bother doing it again, cause it didn't work.

Mind you my brother always told me my christmas presents were in dad's trunk if I ever asked about Santa Claus.

We had a very mythological-creature free household.

14. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

No, I just did it with the first tooth and didn't bother doing it again, cause it didn't work.

Mind you my brother always told me my christmas presents were in dad's trunk if I ever asked about Santa Claus.

We had a very mythological-creature free household.