What's new

How much, and where to find a VGA -> Component cabel (1 Viewer)

KenBo

Grip
I'm in the Toronto area (we have power now!), and I am going to be getting HDTV through Rogers cable. The box from Rogers has component outputs only, as does my DVD player, and I don't want to have to switch the cable all the time. Can I get a VGA to Component adapter or something, without spending an arm and a leg?

Hopefully I put this in the right forum.

KenBo

Grip
I tried Rhino, and they suggested avcable. It's a little more than I wanted to pay, but I don't have much of a choice!

KenBo

Grip
I found a few things on Ebay. 15pin -> 5BNC. If I get BNC to RCA adapters, would that work, if I just use the 3 RGB connectors? It was $7!!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Assuming that's the right type of cable, then yes adding an adapter will work just fine. Make sure your connnections are clean and make them snug. While empirically one would want to go straight to the right connector, the overall lengths of the connectors are very very short compared to the wavelength of the signal. That being the case any impedance differences are of a trivial nature.

Mark, that deserves a beer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks