How messed up is this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Graham, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

I received Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for the xbox yesterday (Christmas). Well this is the only game I received so naturally I was eager to play it when I got back to the house. I opened up the "factory sealed" case and what do I find? Well there was no game DVD, and a manual for Madden 2002 was included instead of the MK manual. What is up with that? Now I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time convincing Walmart that the situation is true. So I'm calling walmart today, but just in case they won't help I went ahead and emailed Midway's customer support. I just want my game [​IMG]
    Scott

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Weird. Thats going take alot of convincing. [​IMG]

3. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

Well I called Walmart and they said they would not take responsibility because they only Sell the game. Talk about a load of crap. They said I must contact Midway, which I have, I'm just waiting for them to get back with me. I don't want to wait 9 weeks to mail them the game and receive a new one though.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Scott, I'd still go in & make sure I talked to the manager in person. Make sure you've got your receipt. You may find he'll be more willing to bend the rules in person.

5. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

I remember a long time ago when I was in highschool I waorked at Best Buy. Anyways Some of the employees where caught steeling ps1 and sega saturn games. How they would do it is take the game in the back, open it, put out the cd without breaking the barcode thing on the top of the box, then they would take it back to the Shirnk wrap machine and presto!!! No game in the box but looks and feels factory sealed. Anyways I am willing to bet someone at wallmart did the same thing. What you should do is go to a manager and throw a big stink out of it. Acuse his employees of theft. I garentee they will cough up another one for you. I have seen it happen.

6. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

Sorry for the double post!

7. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

The shrink wrap was different then most games come with. It felt cheaper and the corners weren't tucked either. Maybe I'll take it back to walmart with the wrapper so they can compare the difference in the wrappers.

If worse comes to worse my father in law said he would take it back and ensure they swap it for me. He purchased it at walmart while working there part time so I'm sure he can persuade a manager to allow it.

Still really ticks me off though.

8. EdR

EdR Second Unit

I had this happen once, I don't recall the game, but I nought it at EB. I took it back (with the receipt) and they gave me no hassles at all, exchanged it on the spot.

I think the guy there said that they will just return it to their distributor (or someone) and get a credit for the missing game.

9. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter