What's new

How many will watch Superbowl in HD?? (1 Viewer)

how many people worldwide do you think will see the superbowl in HD? i really have no basis from which to make an educated guess... what do you "experts" think?

Paul W

Second Unit
I know I will...so, at least one.
The statistical combinations of those with HDTV and those who give a rat's ass about the Giants or Ravens probably isn't that much.
I'm watching it for the novelty (and for showing off to the neighbors).
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
I have a wonderful proof of this theorem but, with the 1536 kb/s bitrate DTS soundtrack, there is no room on the DVD to write it.
-Fermat

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Me too, so thats two.
Maybe a couple hundred thousand? 2000 was not the year of the set top box. 2001 bodes a bit better...

Bruce N

Second Unit
I'll be watching!
------------------
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

David_A

Auditioning
I really don't care for football. I'd rather watch a movie :) I'll probably switch over to it for 5 or 10 minutes, though, just to check out the picture quality. Unless somebody happens to be over that really wants to watch it...

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oh, three or four. :)
I'll have several friends and coworkers over. If the game gets boring, we will put on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon early. Otherwise, we will watch it after the game.
This will be quite the setup...the HDTV feed will be on the big screen upstairs. The smaller RPTV will be downstairs, fed through the TiVo (so we can make our own instant replays, and make it to the kitchen without missing any of the action). Then I am going to set up another TV in the guest bedroom with kid vids on DVD to keep the younger ones entertained.
It'll be a pizza party, and even a birthday party, with cake and ice cream.
A splendid time is guaranteed for all.
- Steve

Joe_R

Auditioning
You better believe I will be. And about 15 other friends that are coming over. Add 16.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Myself and about 5 of my friends are going to watch the HD broadcast and I will Tivo the NTSC signal to see the "bullet-time" gimmick. On a nationwide scale I would say that a lot of people will watch, but it will be on fewer sets. I'm hoping that the game will help to generate sales of HDTV to the more average consumers. Thanks, Chris
------------------
Home Theater: http://www.ig-88.net

MikeM

Screenwriter
The irony is that here in Northern California, with the current power situation, we're lucky to even watch the Super Bowl at all, let alone in HDTV.
If the Raiders had made it, there would be blood on the streets if the game was blacked out here. :)
Looks, like I'll get the Panny DTV set-top decoder, and watch the game next year in HDTV.
Let us know how it went you lucky HDTV people!
------------------
Mike McGee, Inaka Software
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks