What's new

How many sconces? (1 Viewer)

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
My HT is under construction (by me) and measures 12.5' x 24.5' x 7.0'. Would 8 sconces (4 each side) be too much? I guess I would like to hear how many sconces others have with a similar size room. Home Depot has a great sale on some of its sconces. I bought the blue glass sconce for $34.00, was $49.99.

Dan

BrianKR

Second Unit
My room is 23' in length and I have 3 scounces per wall.
But it's all personal preference.

I got a piece of colored chalk and drew them on my wall.
Chalk wipes off with a wet cloth.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I have a 14' x 12' with an entrance way. I have 5 wall lights. The one thing I would recommend if you are using a FP, is that you add some recessed ceiling lights also. I have the wall lights on a dimmer, but the light still hits my screen. It almost has to be completely dark in my room. The recessed lighting should allow some lighting in the room without affecting your picture.
Dave

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
my room is 25' long and I am only going to have one per wall but I am limited due to location of doors, windows, and fireplace

Glenise

Supporting Actor
My room is 37' long and I have (4) sconces.
(2) sconces on the left side and (2) on the right side.
I keep the room completely dark.
The only time I have the sconces on is before people sit down to watch the movie and after the movie is over.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Also, I initially bought 4 sconces from Home Depot for $40 each. I saw some different ones from Lowes for $20 each and took the $40 ones back to HD.
I think my lights are actually wall lamps instead of sconces.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you are worried about too much light, put them on multiple switch legs and dimmers, so can can have a lot of light, or a minimumal amount.

Scott Sox

Auditioning
I just typed a long winded respose but I lost it because I had a link to another sight. :frowning: In short Dan I have those lights and they are nice. Better too much light that is dimmable than not enough.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I only have 2 per wall in my HT room that's 24 feet long and its not enough. I should have put more in and if it were too bright just put in lower watt bulbs. As it is I'm likely going to install pot lighting to help brighten up the room when its being used for other activities

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Do most of you guys have a dedicated room?
What color are your walls?
The reason I asked this is that some stated they dont have enough sconces.
I assume you guys must keep your sconces on during the movie.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
My walls are dark and the ceiling is dark grey so its a dull room to begin with. My issue with light isn't during the movie as the lights remain off its when the room is being used for alternative uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks