What's new

How many own (AR) Acoustic Research speakers?!! (1 Viewer)

drewx

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I have a pair of the AR 7 Hi Res floor speakers. THEY ARE GREAT. Does any one have some info on the AR 7 Hi Res?

thrca

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
You can get a reproduction of the original product guide for $1 from here:
Acoustic Research AR Manuals Service User Owner Instruction Schematics Manuals PDF, Brochures and other Literature For Sale

Or the some specs here:
Acoustic Research AR7

Or replacement speakers from the original manufacturer here:
Acoustic Research Parts From the same Manufacturer AR has been using since 1983!

Hope this information helps.. It appears that the AR7 Hi-Res was discontinued long before the downfall of AR, since the Wayback Timemachine only has the AR7 Hi-Res listed on some of their oldest archived pages, but not in the latter years (when the page was black).

I own a set of AR1, 2 sets of AR15, 2 sets of AR17, an AR2c, an AR4c, and an ARS300. I love all of them dearly.

Sirclip

Auditioning
Real Name
Glyn Davies
I have a pair of AR7s I bought in the UK in 1971 or so. . . Pulled them out yesterday after my ESS AMT1a's once again dusted the foam skirts on the drivers. These speakers have (10 years ago) newer rubber type skirts on the drivers with original voice coils and finally sound really very good providing I have a good power amp hooked up. No receiver o/p or all-in-one unit will make these sound anything like their true capability.I am amazed at how well these work in today's digital compressed crap audio etc world - I love 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks