What's new

How many of you just hang up on telemarketers? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I try to be polite, but things have gotten so out of control that it's become impossible. Calling late, calling early, calling weekends...and the people are becoming more pushy. It used to be a simple "No thank you" would suffice. Now, you have to argue with some people about whether or not you want the products they sell. I don't know how many times I've heard "But, sir...if you would just give me a moment and listen to what I'm offering..." or "Sir, I don't think you realize the great value we are offering you.." Yeah? Well, one thing I DO understand is that no matter how great the product is, I won't buy it from you.
I joined no-call lists 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier.
Bruce

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The second best part of not having a landline phone in my house is no more telemarketing calls, followed closely by not having to pay a phone bill:)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I did telemarketing, the best way to giet rid of them is to say not interested but don't hang up because if you do they will just call you back later, say not interested and asked to be taken off the list. now when you do that don't be an asshole because then they won't take you off and will make sure someone call you back every 20 mins if possible I know beacuse I've done it if you are nice and kind they will gladly take you of your list & will never call you again, or you could ask to talk to the supervisor then have them take you off. Another way to get them from calling you is get a copy of your privacy policy from your credit cards and either fill it out and mail it or call the 1800 # to opt-out of them selling your info to other companies that where all these calls come from, it's your credit cards selling your info. I used to get calls like everyday (I'm only 20 so I shoulnd't be getting called at all) but since I did that I haven't been called in like 6 months & if anyone does call I'll just ask politely to be taken off the list they'll do it. These people get no pentalty if they don't take you off the list so if your an ass hole to them they will just be an asshole back and call you repeatedly just to piss you off and that makes them feell good cause they get sick of people being assholes real quick so they just want to get even.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks