How Many Of You HTF'ers Are Going Bald? Does It Bother You?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, May 11, 2002.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I'll be a "billiard-dome" very soon! Doesn't really bother me. Anybody else here at HTF losin' the ol' head foliage? And how do you feel about it? [​IMG]
    If you are going bald, I'm curious to know how many of you plan to do something about it (or perhaps you've taken action already), i.e. hair weaves, transplants, et al??
    Does Mr. Popeil still make that "spray-on hair" product?? [​IMG] (Now who among you would DARE to use that stuff?!) [​IMG]

2. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Runs in the family here. I am 20 and I think I notice a bit of thinning, but it could just be me being paranoid (probably is).

If it happens, I vow to never in my life comb over. I will just shave it ALL off.

3. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I'm not going bald, but the ol' hairline is receding pretty fast. I'm not too worried about it yet, but I'll seriously freak out if I start growing a tremendous amount of back hair. I saw a guy one day in a tank-top, and you would swear he had on a sweater. Gross.

4. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Not exactly balding, but it started to get so thin I did indeed shave very close. It only has to grow out a few millimeters and it starts to get obvious what is happening...

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I'd rather not talk about it.... [​IMG]

6. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

I was getting thin on top and shaved it all off. I look much better than when I had a full head of hair and am getting lucky a hell of a lot more, too.

7. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

8. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I'm starting to thin a little at the front and I'm seriously considering shaving it clean. The only thing is I'm not sure if I have a good shaped head and would it look stupid shaved clean. I've considered using Rogaine or something like that even though when I was younger(pre-thinning) I swore that I would never use it and go gracefully. Since it's summer I think it is a perfect excuse to try the bald look.

9. Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche Stunt Coordinator

I haven't paid for a haircut in about 5 years [​IMG] . I just set the "clippers" to 0 once a week, and go to town. In a way it's comforting knowing that this is "my look" for the rest of my life (I'm only 32).
    It used to bother me, but not anymore. I have a "good head" and still do all right with the ladies. I also have the "compensating" go-tee going for me [​IMG] .
    I shaved my head (with a razor) only once, and it didn't work for me at all. I looked like someone from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Just a "slight" stubble seems to do it for me. NO COMB-OVERS, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do I wish I wasn't going bald? certainly. Am I going to spend money to grow pubic hair out of my scalp? NO! Am I going to sacrifice [​IMG] for hair? HELL NO!!!!

10. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Propecia Propecia Propecia. Or if you don't want the monthly expense just shave it all off and lift weights. Bald and muscles seems to be popular with women from what I've seen.

Jeff

11. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

13. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

14. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    Shave it off or wear it very closely cropped ala Patrick Stewart. If you let it grow out, you'll look like Larry Fine.

15. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

I remember the days that they had to thin my hair with those special scissors....ah, memories..my hair is still the same in the front and sides, but is thinning in back.

I'm just letting it go, and keeping it short......I have a friend who uses propecia, and he began having troubles....um...performing. :b I don't need to add that to my resume.

16. Rain

Rain Producer

My hair has thinned a bit since I was younger, but it seems to have stopped for now. Fortunately, I still have full coverage for the time being.

However, if it goes, I'm going bald with dignity and shaving my head. I personally don't care for the "ring around the head" look.

17. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I'm starting to notice some receding also![​IMG]
    Me
    Wes

18. Jefe Noche

Wes,
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

OK.....the brutal truth. Which one fits YOU best? [​IMG] .......
    [​IMG]

20. Jefe Noche

I'm type IV, but on my way to V [​IMG] .