What's new

How many of you have never seen a Star Wars movie? (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
In addition, how many of you never, ever, plan to see a Star Wars movie as long as you live?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm always surprised to hear that someone hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies. This was the case with a girl I was dating a year or so ago. Also, many of my younger co-workers have yet to see the SW flicks. All of them were female. I guess Star Wars is predominantly a guy thing...

Kirsten

Stunt Coordinator
I had never seen a Star Wars movie, at least until my fiance made me watch Episode I. Now I wish I had never seen a Star Wars movie. Has there ever been a character more annoying than Jar Jar Binks, or a kid that had less acting abitlity than Jake Lloyd? :confused:

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have TPM on DVD which my kids love. The trouble is, they did not even know who Darth Vader was so I had to rent the first 3 movies on VHS to correct this problem. They are now thoroughly.... "educated".

Mitty

Supporting Actor
If you change the word "Wars" to "Trek" then I can safely say I haven't.
That's right, you heard me. I have never seen a Star Trek movie.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I had never seen a Star Wars movie, at least until my fiance made me watch Episode I. Now I wish I had never seen a Star Wars movie. Has there ever been a character more annoying than Jar Jar Binks, or a kid that had less acting abitlity than Jake Lloyd?
Well Kirsten, you really should give Episodes 4-6 a chance. They are classics, and don't suffer from the same "problems" as Episode 1. :)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
My current girlfriend had never seen a Star Wars movie until she came over and saw Phantom Menace. Needless to say, I was pretty fucking shocked. It's been my mission to make sure she sees all my favorite movies. So far we've seen Se7en, Fight Club, Goodfellas, and next week I'm making her watch Pulp Fiction :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Semi-related: I know TWO (2!) separate people (both women) who have never seen The Wizard of Oz!
When I talk to these women, I feel like I'm communicating with aliens. WEIRD!

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
I am 17 and I've not seen the trilogy yet though I've heard the score so many times (Imperial March).

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Well, I was 19 before I saw a Star Wars movie. I knew they were popular, I did kinda underestimate the fanbase though. I dropped this little bombshell one day at school, and the day after I was outfitted by three english widescreen VHS tapes. It was made clear to me in no uncertain terms that I had to watch these. There was no other option.

I popped in ANH at about 8 the same evening, with reasonable hope the movie would deliver half of what my friends promised it would... and realized they were not making things up. Afterwards I had to see ESB as well, and I guess I do not need to tell you what kind of a cliffhanger ESB is... It was midnight and I had school the day after, so for half a second I pondered delaying watchin ROTJ to the day after...

Didn't take me long to get the OT on Widescreen VHS myself, and now I own THX WS LD's and the SE trilogy box set, and the japanese TPM LD. For some strange reason I haven't got the TPM DVD yet though. It felt like such an anti-climax when the DVD was released I prioritized otherwise.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
Afterwards I had to see ESB as well, and I guess I do not need to tell you what kind of a cliffhanger ESB is... It was midnight and I had school the day after, so for half a second I pondered delaying watchin ROTJ to the day after...
I envy the ones who can watch the entire series for the first time in an evening. I was in 1st grade when I saw Empire, and the three year wait to learn what became of Han was like an eternity.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I had not seen any Star Wars films until Episode 1 was released on video. In June of my senior year of high school (6/2000), my Physics teacher rented Episode 1 and showed it to our class. I liked it better than I expected, but I still have not seen any of the original trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks