How many of you have bought a multi-region DVD player to satisfy your TV needs?

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
the prices in the u.k. not the big deal its the shipping.
unless you dont mind the slow boat way. mayself i hate waiting. it cost me $25 for 1 to 2 day shipping.
if you can wait a long time then you can get by on the cheap.
i spend more on shipping then my orders half the time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I know, David. The one I bought a year ago at Radio Shack for $58 plus $10 mail-in rebate, was selling this past Christmas at Wal-Mart and Best Buy for $40-$44, and just last month Best Buy had it on sale for $35.

It works very well for me!

Rick P

Supporting Actor

David..

only problem with the CH300 is (IIRC, BICBW) is that it DOES NOT do proper PAL/NTSC conversion when the PAL is 16:9 Anamorphic (now, if you have a WS/HDTV that may not be an issue).

If you feel like experimenting, check you local WallyWorld/ Target to the Philips 642, hackable, proper PAL/NTSC *and* it will even play DIVX/MPEG4 if desired...

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
My hacked Philips is the nicest I've had so far for region-free. And it doesn't choke on DVD+R discs like my Daewoo does.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Agreed, and the Philips dosen't have the nasty 'pulsing/combing' problem on a composite/svid connection that my JVC does when doing PAL/NTSC TV (The High Life and the Bottom Live discs were almost unwatchable on the JVC)

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i wish...

not on my $600 a month funds.
it would take me a vary long time to save that kind of money up. im doing good just keeping up with my dvd buying.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pakaribneha