What's new

How many of you are interested on upgrading power cords for $55 shipped? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I'm going to buy a bulk of wire to make power cords. Will you guys be interested on 10 gauge power cords with quality connectors for $55 shipped? The standard length would be 3 ft and 3 dollars per feet if you want them longer. The power cord will look like this, but a little thicker.

ling_w

Second Unit
What are the mfg/specifications of the AC plug, IEC and cable? How would the cable be connected in respect to ground and shield (floating, isolated, both end, AC end)? What method of connection would it be (captive screw on, WBT solder...)?

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I'll be using

MARINCO 3201EC15 IEC CONNECTOR
MARINCO 8215T 15A/125V 3-PRONG PLUG HOSPITAL GRADE

CAROL 10 GA 3 COND SJOOW POWER CABLE
heavy duty 3 conductor power cable is perfect for use on professional sound stages and other high current applications. It features 99.9% pure stranded copper for maximum conductivity. The premium grade black rubber jacket provides excellent resistance to abrasion, water, oil and is highly flexible, even in low temperatures. UL listed and CSA certified for indoor and outdoor use. Temperature range: -40ø C to +90ø C. Voltage rating: 300 volts, type SJOOW. UL #62. CSA #C22.2-49 where applicable. 3 conductor colors: black, white and green. Made in the U.S.A.

ling_w

Second Unit
How are you going to squeeze the cord into those plugs? Aren't those rubber jackets ultra-thick like 3/4"?

Why not just use the Crump cord recipe? Probably a much wider interest in that.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The outer jacket of cable gets stripped and the Marinco has a variable size strain relief. I would listen to the other post on using something else or look at Jon Risch's stuff. I make everything I have and compare it to the ultra-expensive stuff in a high-end stuff. The wire you are proposing will carry lots of current and although it may be an improvement with the connectors over the cheap cords that comes with players in my opinion won't be that great. It is $155 for a 250 ft. roll at Parts Express and can be had cheaper. It is designed more for professional sound reinforcement vs. high-end audio and I'm sure it is a good product for that purpose with heavy duty ampflifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks