1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you are daydreamers like me?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Tilley, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I'm just curious how many of you guys are like me,as in you got a pretty nice set up but its still not quite what you wont.
    For example my system is Sony STR-DA5ES receiver,Sony DVP-C650D DVD player,Sony CDP-CX400 CD player,Sony XBR400 TV,Polk CS400i center,RT55i front mains,surrounds,& rear surrounds,& last DIY sonosub with a 15"Dayton DVC & PE 250watt plate amp.

Now that said I know alot of my buddies think Im lucky to have that (witch I do Agree)but at the same time I've worked my butt off to have that much.My problem is I cant stop dreaming of going better,like getting into separates,getting that big screen TV,better speakers, & we cant forget having the ultimate Theater room for it all to go in.

Ok so back to my question how many of you are like this to you got a decent system but you wont to improve on it but cant?

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Joe I think that you are speaking about almost every person here on the HTF. [​IMG]
    I have good speakers, receiver, dvd player, etc but always think about what it would be like to have a dedicated HT room with all the equipment with a cost no object sort of thing. [​IMG]
    KyleS

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Are you kidding!? I have WET daydreams about some of the gear most of the members here have! [​IMG]
    I walk into a place like Overture, a high end HT store near my house, and I just keep thinking that what I have isn't jackshit compared to this stuff! To tell you the truth, other than hittng the powerball, I can't envision a time in my life when i'll ever be able to afford that kind of hardware and it really bumbs me out.

4. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

John, you hit it on the head. I didn't really have time to say all I wonted to before. I know just what you mean about going to your local HT store & seeing a pair of 20,000 Dollar speakers hooked up to a pair of 10,000 dollar mono block amps,& using speaker wires that cost as much as my whole system[​IMG] it makes me nuts.
    I always find myself going somewhere just to drool over what I will never be able to afford,& always think man if I only had a third of the money that that system cost.Or starring at some magazine wonting to have the extra 5 grand for that new big screen or whatever.
    I know alot of the people that are here are the same way but at the same time there are alot of people here that have what I could only dream to have,and then some.
    Oh well I quess I'm done venting my frustration,I do feel pretty lucky to have what I do,but I will never quit dreaming & wonting to go one step better.

5. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Daydream? Nah!! My 19" Philco and my Orbitron VCR are good enough for me! [​IMG]