What's new

How many movies have you seen? (1 Viewer)

Joe_Begos

Auditioning
This is a very hard question to answer but I vote for all the movies I've seen over at IMDB to help keep a running total. I feel I've voted for almsot everything I've seen, though am missing a few. I figure I've seen somewhere in the area of 1400-1600.

You guys?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well Joe I own more films than you've seen, 2430 films not inc doubles.:)
At a wild guess I've probably seen about 10,000 films since the late sixties.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I wouldn't want to try to calculate because then I might run across some movies that I wanted to forget, and thankfully have. ;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow, damn near 20 years of constant film watching...that's gotta be quite a few movies. I'd say on average I see about 200 total new films a year, so that would be roughly 4000. That's probably a little low though...maybe I'll start going through IMDB alphabetically :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I've tried estimating this before, but depending on how I do it, my estimates vary by a few thousand films. I have no idea really, but considering how many freaking movies I watch, it's probably a lot. :)

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
Who needs to count? All i know is that between the opening titles, and the closing credits, i am not of this world. I am in somebody elses......

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Wow, I have no idea, I have started watching a lot more over the past coupla years. I think I could guestimate around 5,000.

chris winters

Second Unit
lets say for the sake of easy math the average home theater forum reader has seen 5000 movies. Thats about 10,000 hours. Or 417 days. thats about 1.25 years of nonstop moviewatching. A year of our lives. If we have an average age of 30, then by the time we are 60 we would probably have spent somwhere between 2 and 3 years watching films. Would you have rather be spending the time doing somthing else? working out? picking up girls, and or guys. Travelling. reading. Now if you include television, I know I avaerage about 3 hours a night. thats 21 hours a weeks, and of course 1092 hours a year. Thats 45.5 days per year of nonstop tv watching. over 30 years thats 1365 days, and over 60 years thats 2730 or 7.5 years. So between television and movies we will probably spend 10 years of our adult lives with our eyes glued too some type of screen. Thats is either scary, or an excuse to upgrade your home theater system, ormaybe both. I also play video games, add that to the equation and it could be more like 13 years. probably a 6th of your life and if you subtract sleeping, its more like a fourth. A FOURTH OF OUR LIVES. Man i have to go make some memories rather then living vivariously through fictious characters. NAAA, Maybe tomorow, apprentice is on tonight.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Also do you mean individual films or how many times I've watched a movie period. Because I've seen the original Star Wars trilogy dozens of times each (ditto for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Terminator 2, and Back to the Future).

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
According to the post that I've spent approximately 1.25 years of my life watching movies. I have to say that I actually don't regret what I've done with my time. The good news is that there are still thousands of movies I have yet to see.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea—but I’ve began with my Mom taking me before I was in grade school and since I grew up in a small town, I have been going on my own since my early school years.

But it has to be a lot.

Kristin O

Auditioning
Wow....I know I have tried to name all of the movies I have ever seen...and it was dang hard. I would say at least 2000 probably more...I am only 21...so I think that is quite a bit to say the least :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I know it's gotta be in the thousands, but I don't know exactly how many.

MattGentry

Second Unit
If I spend five years of my life watching movies, and five years of my life watching TV...then that is time well spent to me.

Oh, I'm 18. I've probably seen anywhere in the range of 700 to 1000 movies.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm almost 25 and I've seen about 2000 movies. If I was to write down all the ones I've seen, I think I would have to go to therapy to forget the ones I've forgotten. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks